Song/Video of the day

c_s_1987

I have been a Lonely Island fan since I stumbled upon their website, before anybody knew who they were. And I love them. I specifically remember the first time I saw "I'm On A Boat" on SNL. I was watching it with my girlfriend and I said "You watch. In like 2 or 3 months, this song will be huge just like 'Jizz In My Pants' did." And lo and behold.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Dreaming" by Blondie. Three things stand out here:

1) Not a lot rhymes with "restaurant," but they found one in the opening line - and there's no space travel involved.

2) Check out the drums. Clem Burke just keeps hitting fill after fill throughout the song. There doesn't seem to be a pattern here, just wild pounding that somehow works.

3) What a sweet sentiment: "Dreaming is Free."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrFrmvG42I

Check out the Bob Seger video for "Like A Rock"

I don't think Seger ever crossed over to video stardom the way classic rockers like ZZ Top and Van Halen did, and this might explain why. This video is an effort to be classy, but it seems kind of boring and doesn't show any personality. Kind of like one of those movies you are supposed to like but doesn't move you at all.

Years later, whatever ad agency that had Chevy used the song to much better effect in selling trucks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Muse with a stunning mix of 'man with harmonica' and 'knights of Cydonia', enjoy their greatness!

Even before I read your post I was thinking of

Muse. I love this band, this was the first song

I heard of theirs and I knew I had to hear more.

I'm driving my teenage son crazy since his goal

is too find music that pisses his parents off

and when I told him how much I liked Muse he had

a fit. But he's starting to wear me down with

some of his heavy metal.

I know I didn't do this link right, but I haven't figured out how to do it in here. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...