Song/Video of the day

c_s_1987

Excellent video, Edna. I right enjoyed that. Thanks. :thumbsup:

It's a really good live performance. As far as I can tell, the bass-line is pretty much how it should be though. No radical departure from the song we know and love.

Yes, I like it too... I had never seen it before.

The Edgar Broughton Band: "Apache Dropout"

Wikipedia says this about The Edgar Broughton Band:

At a time in the late 1960s and early 1970s when massive bands and massive egos predominated, the Edgar Broughton Band had all the ingredients for sucess, but found much less of it than their talents and their energies deserved. Some of this may have been due to their implacably oppositionist politics, their refusal to follow mainstream musical tastes, or their frankly threatening appearances, but in the five albums they recorded for Harvest EMI they have left an outstanding legacy of intelligent, innovative music that is worthy of serious attention and a source of considerable pleasure.

Originally a blues band, The Edgar Broughton Band became part of the late 60s psychedelic underground movement that spawned Pink Floyd, amongst other luminaries.

Wikipedia goes on to say, of the band's third , eponymously-titled album,

this album marks the highest point in the Broughton's career because it has a sense of wholeness and completeness, while not straying into 'concept album' territory. The opening track, 'Evening Over Rooftops' is both astonishing and beautiful in its depiction of the raw, sexual power of nature, its thoughts on life and death, in Edgar's wonderful vocal performance and in a breathtaking and sensitive musical arrangement. In a more just world this track, and the album on which it sits, would be regarded as an enduring classic of early '70s music.

before adding, in acknowledgement of the band's uncompromising anti-establishment stance, that they are sometimes thought of as "punk before it was punk".

This track apparently peaked at 33# in the UK hit-parade, in 1971. Wild times indeed.

And yes, before anybody asks: the featured video is an interpretation of Captain Beefheart's "Drop Out Boogie"...