Song/Video of the day

c_s_1987

These are mainly for Jenny, since she's the only other person that likes them. They were so, so good.

Behold Jellyfish (oh, the live harmonies...):

"The King Is Half-Undressed"

"She Still Loves Him"

"Now She Knows She's Wrong"

"Bye Bye Bye"

"The Man I Used To Be"

OK, this one's for Laurie - "No Matter What"

"Joining A Fan Club"

"The Ghost At Number One"

Dedications from Peaches and das in the same day....I feel soooo popular!!!!

I am still learning about them, but they were a '90's band, right? What is with the hippie wear and flowers on the microphone? It's funny....the grunge hair and the fringed suede vest :)

They were early 90's, yes. At least as far as releasing albums. They did two albums and broke up, the bastards.

They're obviously very rooted in 60's music, so I guess they embraced the whole image of it. And they were pretty weird guys. There's another clip on YouTube of them at a McDonalds, and they overdubbed all of the dialogue. Pretty funny.

I really like "The Ghost at Number One"

I was on Amazon the other day and they had recommendations for me..based on my Jellyfish purchase, they recommended a group called Dada. I listened to a few sound samples, but thirty seconds of song is not really enough to judge on....opinion?

Dada had that goofy song "Diz Knee Land" a few years back. I never really got into them. Every band that's been recommended to me through my Jellyfish obsession has been a disappointment. The Grays were cool, but they only did one album. It was dudes from Jellyfish, naturally. Remember "Very Best Years"? I didn't think so. That was their "hit".

Yeah, I did remember hearing that "Diz Knee Land" song. They sounded OK, but I will have to listen to more to know. My daughter's been asking to go back to the library, so maybe I'll raid their CD collection.

I have a long list of recommendations from SF and Amazon and only $50 on a Borders gift certificate, so I have to choose wisely.