Best movie featuring Jack Black

MindCrime

Did you know he was in a cheesy 1993 Sylvester Stallone movie called "Demolition Man?" You know, the movie that portrays the future as only having one resturant, Taco Bell, because they won the "fast food wars"....anyway JB plays a member of a group of people that live underground. They are called "Wasteland Scrap." Their leader, Edgar Friendly, is played by Denis Leary! The movie revolves around the future police defrosting Stallones character because a super duper bad guy from the past (when Stallone was around before being frozen for beeing too much of a badass) is defrosted because he has served his time. The bad guy is played by Wesley Snipes. This is actually a kind of funny movie...Oh yeah, Sandra Bullock is in it too. I think this was her first major part in a movie.

This is like "Sophie's Choice"...I can't choose between my babies! Obviously, I love almost everything. I was not all that jazzed about "Shallow Hal". It was missing the essence of Jack that makes him so wonderful. "High Fidelity" and "School of Rock" are pure genius!

:rockon:

The first time I was ever aware of Jack was about 10 years ago. He made a guest appearance on "The X-Files" (God, how I loved that show). He had such a small part, but he was so hilarious. There was one part where he was looking for someone in a dark room - he looked around and said "Dude?", then he paused for what seemed like 5 minutes, then he said "Dude?" again. I know that seems lame when I write it down, but the way he said it was classic. My husband and I still imitate that to this day.

Yeah X-Files was great! A lot of people had little roles on that show that launched their careers.(can't think of any right now, but I know there are!)

I love Saving Silverman myself, Jack Black is just so natural in that movie, some of the best parts are:

When Steve Zahn and Jack Black crash Jason Biggs party and they see those two lawyers talking to Jason Biggs, and Jack Black goes up to them, they start talking and then Jack Black just exclaims, "F*** you, replacement friends!" An incredibly simple and well, childish, line but from Black, it's really really really funny.

Or the part where Black realizes that he's gay and he tells Steve Zahn about it,

"well I should of realized that I was gay, I mean I've always liked broadway (and he goes off for a little bit on other "gay" things that he likes, and then comes a classic)

and the fact that I like (not my fault that he said it, I'm just quoting) sucking d******"

Steve Zahn then gives him a crazy look "how do you know this?"

Then Jack Black delivers another classic "No, not like on other guys, that'd be gross, but remember that one time I bought a book on yoga?" :laughing: :jester:

Then Jack Black sais yet another classic line, he sais it totally nonchalantly too making it even funnier "Hey, wanna be gay with me?"

Or when Steve Zahn and Jack Black go to jail and Steve Zahn calls the coach to bail them out

"Please sir, they're sodomizing us in here"

the coach then sais a line that I couldn't make clean even with "bleeping"

then Jack Black's little thing to Steve Zahn almost made me pee myself

"Dude, you've been sodomized? Why don't you introduce me to him, I wanna be sodomized too." :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

High Fidelity.

"Do we look like the kind of store that sells 'I Just Called To Say I Love You?' Go to the mall!"

"That's a Cosby sweater Rob. A COSBY SWEATER!"

I could go on and on. I LOVE that movie, as well as the book.

Saving Silverman.

"She torched Neil? BA DA BA DA DA BA BA!"

"Beer bong for the lady."

"If you get the nacho stuck together, that's one nacho."

School of Rock.

The man is wickedly funny and sexy too.

MarcM, you forgot that Taco Bell won the food franchise war, with the help of President Schwarzenegger. Forshadowing anybody?

Oh yeah!! Freaky....is life going to immitate art?!? If they change the rule about being born in the US to be president, I guess I will have go out and start looking for futuristic robes to wear. I got to move with the fashion, or be outcast...

This is like "Sophie's Choice"...I can't choose between my babies! Obviously, I love almost everything. I was not all that jazzed about "Shallow Hal". It was missing the essence of Jack that makes him so wonderful. "High Fidelity" and "School of Rock" are pure genius!

:rockon:

The first time I was ever aware of Jack was about 10 years ago. He made a guest appearance on "The X-Files" (God, how I loved that show). He had such a small part, but he was so hilarious. There was one part where he was looking for someone in a dark room - he looked around and said "Dude?", then he paused for what seemed like 5 minutes, then he said "Dude?" again. I know that seems lame when I write it down, but the way he said it was classic. My husband and I still imitate that to this day.

YEA, that episode rocked,it also had that guy from the other sister. Didn't he kill jack black's character. How did it end. Who cares Jack rocks. Wasn't kyle in high fidelity too. :rockon: