Belle and Sebastian

Batman

Belle and Sebastian is a band from Scotland that I'm sure many songfactors would love. Their earlier albums are mostly mid-tempo indie-pop. Their most recent album "The Life Pursuit" is a very fun and freewheeling album that is reminiscent of feel good 70's pop.

http://www.myspace.com/belleandsebastianislove

That is their myspace page where you can listen to some songs. I'd reccomend "We Are The Sleepyheads." If you can find a way to listen to "Sukie in the Graveyard," I'd reaaaaaaaally reccomend it.

I recently borrowed The Life Pursuit album from the library and I'm well impressed. Good stuff.

Right this moment I'm listening to the "Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant" album, which is also really good. It has a late 60s, vaguely psychedelic folky/easy-listening vibe to it, (with an added soupcon of the Velvets?). It's not really your typical "mid-tempo indie-pop" fare at all. Really classy gentle psyche-pop.

I reckon Belle & Sebastian could appeal to alot of those (ahem!) more mature Songfactors on the lookout for something to like in "modern music". ;):)