Nina Simone

Danielj

Nina Simone is a jazz blues singer and pianist. Her smokey voice is really interesting and powerful, just like some of the lyrics she sings. But she does have a fun and upbeat side to her. The song Funkier than a mosquitos tweeter is just that, funkier than a mosquitos tweeter. About 14832756743684758429068 different tams at the start and great lyrics like "You've got a mouth like a herd of boll weevils"

Check her out, she's great.

Hey Daniel, we obviously share the same taste in music. I've been a Simone fan for ages, ever since I saw the music video for "My Baby Just Cares For Me".

Other favourites of mine are:

Ain't Got No (I Got Life) - currently used as the music in a current Muller Yoghurt advertising campaign, which in itself isn't bad with some great dance moves.

I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl

Go to Hell

"My baby just cares for me" is a lovely clip... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG4WY2LrLgs&search=nina%20simone%20my%20baby%20just%20cares%20for%20me

I love "I put a spell on you" by almost everybody, but Nina Simone´s version is one of the best.

as do i! :P

nina is savage! i love her version of 'strange fruit'. she had a fantastic unique soulful voice. i bought tickets for me and my boy to go see her but she fell ill and the gig was cancelled and then she died. i really regret not having seen her live.