9. "Easy Way Out" – 2:44

10. "Wouldn't Mama Be Proud?" – 3:25

11. "Color Bars" – 2:19

12. "Happiness/The Gondola Man" – 5:04

13. "Pretty Mary K" – 2:36

14. "I Better Be Quiet Now" – 3:35

15. "Can't Make a Sound" – 4:18

16. "Bye" – 1:53

Elliott Smith is an artist who was never in the soptlight, or really popular, but I think he is one of the best songwriters of the 90's and 00's. This album is my favorite of his. His music, if you aren't familiar is pretty much alternative rock, or indie i suppose. Folky at times.

It starts off strong with a tune called Son of Sam which is fairly upbeat and that has a really cool vocal melody. It breaks into a cool electric riff toward mid song. Junk Bond Trader, the third song is another fairly catchy tune with some amazing harmonies, and a cool picking of the chords.

L.A. is a bit more of a standard rock and roll song as far as guitar riffs go, and is again catchy as usual.

Stupidity Tries, another notable song that is a little softer but still exciting. The lyrics in this one really catch my attention.

Easy Way Out is an acoustic song that has a sort of orchestral feel, without the orchestra. The lyrics present a good idea.

Happiness, the 12th song is the most popular song on the album between the fans i know. It is I guess you could say the most epic song going into a fairly intense and 'busy' chorus, and stripped down to the amazing riff repeated alot through the song.

The rest of the album is fairly standard, nothing that really stands out. I'd better be quiet now is an interesting acoustic one.

basically, this album is really solid, with great lyrics, and if you like kind of alternative rock, folk rock and catchy melodies, this album is for you. No real weaknesses.

I'd never even heard of Elliott Smith before I downloaded some free tracks from Amazon.

The tracks are Between the Bars, Memory Lane and Twilight.

Twilight is my least favourite due to the whiny nasal inflection. It could have been improved if he'd dropped the key slightly to a more comfortable vocal range.

Thanks for the review Daniel, I'm definitely considering buying this album.