JIMI HENDRIX

Danielj

I have a problem :help:. I don't know if you guys agree or not but please let me know.

Why does "THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE" always get cut off to just "JIMI HENDRIX"? :: What would he have done if he did'nt have bassist :guitar: Noel Redding and drummer :drummer: Mitch Mitchell? They deserve a lot of credit. They were both very talented musicians that were playing with the most talented guitarist. Discuss.

-Daniel

Jimi Hendrix began solo. The guys in the band, while you are right, they deserve more of credit than they get. They were found and auditioned as the backup band. Not a real good example but you almost never hear George Thorogood and the Delta Destroyers either. Also you never hear Jimi Hendrix and the band of gypsys. I dunno? Probably marketing or something. No matter.Hendrix with anyone is fantastic. When he played guitar for Little Richard(yes that's true!)he didn't get any credit either! :rockon:

Why does "THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE" always get cut off to just "JIMI HENDRIX"? What would he have done if he did'nt have bassist Noel Redding and drummer Mitch Mitchell?

It's quicker to type. If he didn't have Mitchell, he would have gotten his other choice, Aynsley Dunbar. Actually Jimi chose Mitchell because of a coin toss. IMO, the experience was just as good with Billy Cox. But the real question is, what would he have done without Chas Chandler?

IMO, the only one that solos is the one that plays by themself.

I think a band should be a band, not a one-person head line.

Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, or any number of bands didn't need a name to sell their albums. After all, in the long run, it's the music which sells, not the name and a band is more important as a whole than the one claiming the spotlight.

At least, that's the way it should be.

Good point. Chas Chandler was the reason he even sang and wrote. It's kinda weird because I had a tape with Jimmy Hendrix and Little Richard but threw it away 'cause I thought it was a different guy. Everyone knows it's JIMI not JIMMY. But I'm beginning to regret that. :doh: