Secret Story - Pat Metheny If you are a music fan, you will enjoy this

Danielj

Secret Story - Pat Metheny

2f1b024128a0df118f298010._AA240_.L.jpg

If anyone has any stereotypes about jazz or Pat Metheny, throw them out the window now. This is without a doubt the most beautiful and fulfilling album I have ever heard.

The first song, Above the treetops has an african theme with beautiful vocals from a london choir in the background. The second, Facing West is my favorite song on the album, and has in my opinion the best guitar solo ever written. It is upbeat, and unlike in songs such as stairway to heaven, the guitar solo doesnt sound as if it is forced and the song was changed to include it, it just flows.

Although the album needs every song to be what it is, I won't go into detail about every one; But the fourth is another song that captivates you. It has three parts, the first that I have heard described as "oriental funk". It has a gripping vocal line, (no lyrics). The second includes lots of strings, and is manyl a buildup to the third. The third has a nice piano riff and more gripping vocals in a lower range and it ends in a fade out guitar solo.

The fifth is called The Longest Summer and has a beautiful piano riff that seems to ease all the pain in the world. It has changes you don't expect but which make perfect sense afterwards. Again, another one of Methenys signature beautifully crafted guitar solos. Not a note that should be changed.

The next few songs are much darker, but give the album an eerie edge that give it character.

See the world (9th) is an upbeat song with lots of piano and guitar, and the tenth, As a flower blossoms has a lot of hand drumming and piano riffs, like the rest of the album. The 12th, The truth Will Always be is the last epic song of the album where it starts off slowly and bursts into a long guitar solo with a tone that none other can match. he final two songs are shorter and have a lot of strings, and give the album a finality.

If you didnt bother to read that, and skip to this, the song has several epic songs, and several shorter upbeat or slow songs to follow them. Really a perfect album.

The best way to put it is that, if anyone were ever to cover a song, they would be foolish to change anything. You can't show it up.