Has to be seen to be believed.

Ken

I had rented the VHS tape "Urgh! - A Music War" dozens of times in the late '80's. Forgot about it, and then when I went looking for it again, it was out of print and gone. This is the days prior to the internet. I called Fox Home Video in California and spoke directly to the president's secretary. She was from my hometown, yes she had a copy of the tape, and sent it to me. This is one of the highlights of the tape that I have had put onto DVD. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion, and I guarantee you have never seen anything like this in all of your days.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the CRAMPS and after that, Klaus Nomi

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Ken.

And from the same movie, this is Chelsea . If anyone can tell me anything about these guys, I'd appreciate it. Watch what happenss at the one minute fifty second mark to the guitarist on the far left of the stage. Must not have been watching the singer. Hysterical....

I can't stop. Here is the Go Go's doing an early performance of "We Got The Beat". A personal note, Belinda Carlisle bears a shocking resemblance to my wife in this video. So much so that my son asked (he was a lot younger at the time), "Hey, 'zat Mommy?"

If you are a Dead Kennedies fan, here is their performance of Bleed For Me

X does Beyond and Back ,

Gang of Four with He's Send In The Army

Devo with a brilliant rendition of Uncontrollable Urge

Wall of Voodoo with Back In Flesh

Echo and the Bunnymen with Puppet

Joan Jett looks positively hhhhhhhhhot turning in a performance of Bad Reputation

The Fleshtones do Shadowline and Gary Numan does a clinical Down In The Park .

Prior to seeing the video I was unfamiliar with XTC, they do a wonderful Respectable Street

Before there was rap, there was John Cooper Clarke with "Health Fanatic"

There were some other bands in the movie that I could not locate the videos for, an awesome performance by the Police opening the movie with "Driven To Tears", John Otway doing a performance that rivals the Cramps with "Cheryl's Going Home". One of the later bands in the movie is a group called Skafish. The singer has (seriously) the biggest nose I've ever seen on a human being. Pere Ubu performs "Birdies". UB40 is present as well with "Madame Medusa". The Police end the movie with Roxanne. I wish I could have found all the performances...

Ken.

• 2 weeks later...

And from the same movie, this is Chelsea . If anyone can tell me anything about these guys, I'd appreciate it. Watch what happenss at the one minute fifty second mark to the guitarist on the far left of the stage. Must not have been watching the singer. Hysterical....

Hysterical? I split a gut!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, Ken. Thanks for the memories. I worked at a theatre in the mid 80's that showed Urgh every couple of months. It would always get the staff imitating Klaus Nomi, screeching "It's IMPOOOORTANT" all over the place. What a great time for music, fun and frivolity.