Music appraisal sites

Jenny

Do any of you know of any websites that will appraise albums? Many of them are classical, but my husband has a few '70's vinyls in good condition.

I want to e-Bay them, but I have no idea what they are worth (if anything), especially the classical ones.

If not, is there a Zia! Records or any other Record store (such as Tower) in the local area, that sells specifically second-hand recordings, because they usually pay for that stuff. It's not much money, but it would be less of a hassle, than shipping it through the post office.

Jenny, I searched for record appraisals and found quite a few sites. But when I clicked on a few of them, the prices for appraisal seem to be outrageously high. It seems like most of them appraise rare or high quality albums. I think for your purposes you'd spend half of what you'd get for the records. Perhaps you could check on eBay to see what the general price is for similar records.

Thank you so much for your help. I doubt there are too many used record dealers in my area, since I live too far from a big city. Even if there were a local used record dealer, I want to go armed so they don't see "sucker" stamped on my forehead.

I doubt that I am sitting on lots of money, but since I know squat about classical music, I just want to make sure that if any of those albums have decent value, I don't get fleeced.

I will get the albums on a list and try my luck with the sites Mindcrime and Bluesboy suggested.

Thanks!