The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 23

Thanks Farin. :)

Gee that's an interesting list. Look at #s 11 to 20; they could have been a great Top Ten. I think a lot of good songs missed out, but I suppose that happens every time.

Thanks to c s and Dappled for some excellent comments and facts too.

Fancy two re-nominations coming in at #2 and #3 !

:headphones:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you're definitely not a loser. You just won the Musical wheel of fortune game!

That is an apalling video that you linked to Edna. The tune wasn't all that tuneful, John couldn't reach some of the bassier notes and the arrangements were pedestrian at best.

The crowd shots were good though.

I'm glad that putting Daydream Believer & Over the Hills & Far Away at the top of my list, helped them to just crack the top 10. It shows that every input counts.

definitly! and it even makes a difference, whether you put a song on #4 or #6... (just look at the results to know what 2 points can accomplish) :)

and edna: we all know you're far from a loser... :shades: :)

Thanks OLD 55 and Edna for the birthday wishes.

Just like the Tennessee Erine Ford song says, "Another day older and deeper in debt. Saint Peter don't call me because I can't go I owe my soul to the company store."

rtstuff

A "young" 57 year old, or at least I hope.

At the bottom of the heap...

I am so disappointed in you people. Cheesy 80s hair metal not at the top of your lists? I'm never speaking to any of you ever again. :doh:

"We're not gonna take it, no, we ain't gonna take it

We're not gonna take it anymore!"

Dammit, where's a Dee Snider graemlin when you need it!

:)

I'll vote for Twisted Sister !!! Here's Dee Man.

deesnider.jpg

Peaches, you shouldn't be disappointed at an 80s song missing out. There's an age Time Warp somewhere in our voting lineup - either too old or too young. Except for Boy Bands and Techno, I liked the 80s. (Sorry, I don't think Ratt had a following here in Oz though).

No you're definitely not a loser.

That is an apalling video that you linked to Edna. The tune wasn't all that tuneful, John couldn't reach some of the bassier notes and the arrangements were pedestrian at best.

Definitely NOT, dear edna. :)

Rich, who would ever know if The Beatles were in tune or not at one of their concerts (unless it was videotaped, like this one). You could never hear them for the screaming.

:P

We hope to see you back with a couple of nominations when Top Ten #24 opens in a day and a half or so.

;)

God Bless all of you. I checked out the announcement section and really want to thank everyone for being so nice. The world could use more song factors for sure.

rtstuff

"We Are Marshall" appearing in theaters everywhere in late October. I hear there are some outstanding performances that will be seen on the silver screen.

Just recapping on our Current Top Ten....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

For the week ending Sunday 30th July 2006

1. Piano Man - Billy Joel (1973)

2. Heart Full Of Soul - The Yardbirds (1965)

3. Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - Elton John (1973)

4. Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison & The Candymen (1964)

5. Friday on my Mind - The Easybeats (1967)

6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) - The Beatles (1969)

7. Old Man - Neil Young (1972)

8. Walk of Life - Dire Straits (1985)

9. Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin (1973)

10. Daydream Believer - The Monkees (1967)

I'm going to close this Thread now and open a new one for #24.

Please let us have your new nominations there.