The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 23

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´ll re-nominate a song nominated by BluesBoy :bow: I should have voted but I just didn´t realise it was on the list (yes, no life before coffee :doh: )

"White Bird" - It´s a Beautiful Day

"Ballad of Lucy Jordan" - Marianne Faithfull

Thanks bluesboy for that info on Crazy Horse. Neil has been a busy boy. I noticed in a Book of mine (which lists 'suggested' Discology) that his time with Crazy Horse and CSN was shared considerably in 1970.

Thanks too, Laurie, for not nominating CSNY's "Woodstock" this time around. I still believe that multiple nominations of the same Group splits their vote.

Let's see - my other favorites of their's are "Our House" and CSN's "Marrakesh Express", but I have so many songs on my Lista that I'll never get through all of them. Of course, others are kind enough to nominate some at times ( Laurie - Heart Full Of Soul - Yardbirds; Seeker - Windy - Association). :grin:

Oh No ! I just noticed that CanAm nominated a Neil Young song, Old Man before me ! Sorry Mate. I've changed my CSNY nomination to Piano Man/ Billy Joel.

:P

Edited by Guest
Nomination Changed.

CeeCee, I've softened my stance on lonnng songs. I probably only know the AM version (or a Single if one was released) of most that are nominated anyway.

We know I'm an old Pop Tart, or something that rhymes with that. 3 minutes per song is about my attention span. I just finished listening to A Lover's Question, Clyde McPhatter, 2.29, from a 3 CD Box Set I bought today "All That Soul".

:coolio:

Edited by Guest

Sorry ! I must have accidentally locked the Thread before !!!

:P

I am unable to make a post - the usual buttons to click are not available. The page behaves like I am an off-line user.

Could you please include my two nominations for this top ten,

1. Chapel Of Love – The Dixie Cups

2. Cinderella – Paul Anka

Here are the tracks from the first Vanilla Fudge Album:

1. Ticket To Ride

(John Lennon & Paul McCartney)

2. People Get Ready

(Curtis Mayfield)

-

3. She's Not There

(Rod Argent)

4. Bang Bang