Movies to die for??

Sweet Jane 61

This was in the prep we get here at the station...found it kind of interesting, especially the movies picked. These are the top 10 films that a panel of film experts say you should see before you die.

1-APOCALYPSE NOW

2-THE APARTMENT

3-CITY OF GOD

4-CHINATOWN

5-SEXY BEAST

6-2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

7-NORTH BY NORTHWEST (sorry das,a Jimmy film)

8-A BOUT de SOUFFLE

9-DONNIE DARKO

10-MANHATTAN

I guess I could die soon...The only ones I have not seen are 3,5,8, and 9!

Speaking of Death, how about "After Life" aka "Wannafuru Raifu"? (I thought it was more interesting than the overblown "What Dreams May Come.") Speaking of Italian Life, how about "Il Postino" and "Cinema Paradiso"? As for me, I'd like to find "Mountain Patrol" aka "Kekexili" when it finally pops up on DVD, since it passed through Honolulu at warp speed. :beatnik:

Edited by Guest
Oops! forgot proper Romaji spelling.

9-DONNIE DARKO

I have this, even though I'm not a movie fan, I've watched it maybe 5 times over the past couple of months. It's disturbing, because it reminds me of my youth & a lot of my dreams are related to scenes in the film, involving the rabbit & the countdown scenes until Halloween '88.

i dont like movies. i hardly ever go to the cinema and when i do i get extremely bored and either end up lying on the floor or leaving to go buy cd's and then coming back when its over.\

the only movies i have ever seen that i really really liked are:

.Almost Famous

.Tommy (the movie of the who rock opera)

.Pirates of the Caribbean

i havent seen any from that list of the top ten lol

as of now I've seen Apocalypse now! (my second favourite (anti)war movie after "Full Metal Jacket")

The Apartment (my girlfriend loves these kind of movies)

2001: Space Oddysey (I liked it after I watched it the second time)

Manhattan (gotta love Woody Allen)

I always wanted to watch "City of God", but haven't come around to it yet

and I've never heard of the other ones.

Looks like I can't die yet...

Aren't these movies based on 'Death' occurances though? I'm not completely sure, but some of those films seem to be that way.

I would've placed 'Requiem for a Dream' ahead of 2001 Space Oddyssey, that film wasn't as original as critics say.