Compare Your Earnings to Top Rock Acts

RonJonSurfer

If a millionaire falls in love with you and marries you....

In this case money can buy love. Which is something that happens very often... (in my case it´s complicated, I´m already in love and married)

Rich Berry, you should say "a**" :shades: Wasn´t this a family site?? :grin:

Rich Berry, you should say "a**" :shades: Wasn´t this a family site?? :grin:

Interesting point. I've noticed that the word is deemed offensive in the US. Here in Ireland the word still refers to a donkey. We refer to an "a**e". Even then, it's not considered crude, common or rude perhaps.

What do the US bibles say Jesus rode into Jerusalem on? In our versions it say He "rode on a colt, the foal of an ass".

Rich, we're not even allowed to say "Jesus" on television here. It actually gets bleeped out.

I can understand that, if its use is profane, it's all about context. Ass was initially used in place of a rude word in order not to say a rude word. Why the word ass is deemed inappropriate even when used in its proper (not rude) context confuses me.

And by the way, "pompous ass" has always been used that way. The ass bit equates the subject to a stubborn mule.

I don't think war is the main issue there, because you're not at war with Jesus (or his army) right?

I think it's more wanting to avoid unwanted "fanmail" which could result with less commercials.

Kinda reminds me of "Nipplegate"...

I'm not talking about saying "Jesus Christ!" in anger at something. I'm talking about saying "Jesus walked on water".

Americans are insane.

They (people on television) aren't allowed to say Jesus, because we don't have to care what they think.