The Songfactors' Choice Zero To Nine Top Ten

Why not just vote from this list, since they've all been nominated already? I mean won't most folks just renominate the songs they wanted voted on in the first place? And what does it mean (if anything) if the the same song from the list is nominated more than once? Not trying to stir up anything, just wondered.

I'm wondering exactly the same thing... :stars:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just vote from this list, since they've all been nominated already? I mean won't most folks just renominate the songs they wanted voted on in the first place? And what does it mean (if anything) if the the same song from the list is nominated more than once? Not trying to stir up anything, just wondered.

Sorry that I haven't come around to answer this before.

We decided to not vote directly from the list above, because we thought 150 songs were too much to do so. Since this is planned just for the weekend, where we know there are not many people online it just wouldn't fit (We've made that experience with the "Worst Songs" already).

To the second point: It doesn't really mean anything, other that everybody gets three votes, and if there's double nominations, these would be "wasted", if you allow me the expressesion.

:headphones:

I'm wondering exactly the same thing... :stars:

I thought that at first, but realized that many people would go back and vote for their personal favorites that got few votes the first time around. The final result would be too wide spread and one vote might separate first from last.

I think it makes sense to trim the list and vote from there.

I thought that at first, but realized that many people would go back and vote for their personal favorites that got few votes the first time around. The final result would be too wide spread and one vote might separate first from last.

I think it makes sense to trim the list and vote from there.

I'm with RonJon, I think. I've gotten a bit confused. But I think nominating to pare down the list is a good idea. I had a few songs in the 150, but I found others that I liked more. So if you are voting with your heart (as you should always be doing), as opposed to voting with some odd purpose of "winning", this should make sense.

Or I'm a rambling idiot who should be immediately institutionalized.

I'm with RonJon, I think. I've gotten a bit confused. But I think nominating to pare down the list is a good idea. I had a few songs in the 150, but I found others that I liked more. So if you are voting with your heart (as you should always be doing), as opposed to voting with some odd purpose of "winning", this should make sense.

"Immediately?" No.

...she says, stating the obvious. :grin:

Okay... my nominations are...

1. Paradise By The Dashboard Light ~ Meatloaf

2. Chevy Van ~ Sammy Johns

3. Bungle In The Jungle ~ Jethro Tull

Edited by Guest
had to add my nominations. Duh.

no you're absolutly right!

Let's just say we would take 150 nominations, on the weekend only 20 people would vote, and all of them would choose their (former) nominations on places 1-5 (or whatever)...

we'd have a #1 with 20 points and more than 100 with 5-15 points... :stars:

We LOVE you Peaches!! :grin: :grin:

(besides, you scare me just a little bit, so I would never try and rise your ire on purpose... I would like to point out that Mags is within striking distance of you.) :grin: :crazy:

Shawna, that is the funniest thing I've read in quite some time. :laughing:

I am all bark and no bite, sister. Mags is right...she can take me any day of the week. It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

Wow, I'm late! Lots of mine on there too Joe. What makes me feel better is that they've already been renominated, so here are mine...

Ball Of Confusion ~ The Temps (1970)

I'm Winning ~ Santana (1981)

Must Of Got Lost ~ J. Geils Band (1974)

Edited by Guest

Well it looks like this has been the most fun you could have with your pants on (except for Joe, who doesn't wear any of course).

While I was sleeping in the bat cave my trusty sidekick Farin has been doing a great job. Didn't he explain superbly why we didn't vote directly from the List ? With a bit of help from RonJon and Peaches too.

I'll go through and summarise the Nominations soon. If anyone else is around who'd like to nominate in the meantime, please go ahead !

:)