A Legend & Woman

375136faydotcom.jpg

Neighbor to the Moon, Ambassador to the Stars, the legend of today is yesterday's shy little village girl. The superstar acclaimed by millions as magical, brilliant, and angelic is our one and only Fairuz.

Harvard University scholar, Barry Hoberman, even wrote: "Quite simply, Fairuz is one of the world's nonpareil musicians and outstanding Artists, an international treasure of the order of Rostropovich, Sills, Ravi Shankar, Miles Davis, Sutherland, Pavarotti and Dylan."

Her record-breaking concerts at the Royal Festival Hall in London made headlines worldwide. The Daily Mail wrote: "The box office was besieged as never before. Tickets changed hands at more than 1,000 Pounds on the black market. Takings reached a record, breaking the previous best when Frank Sinatra was in town. And who was the star that packed them in last night? Madonna? Springsteen? Domingo? Horowitz? No ... FAIRUZ, the top female singer in the Middle East". Fairuz has headlined at the most prestigious venues in the world including the Albert Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, and Salle Pleyel, Fox Theatre, Mohegan Sun Center, Shrine Auditorium among many others.

For those who don't know this living legend, you may visit this site, which is one of many sites about the diva : www.fayrouz.org

310174paris.jpg

[sound]http://www.zorona.com/media/music/Songs76/adeesh-kan-fee-naas.ram[/sound]

thanks for your reply dear..

as for the photos.. actually oth are for the same Diva.. in the upper one she was young..

in the second one , it was taken in paris concert 2002, and the diva was 70 years old at that time :)

she has been singing all types of music Jazz, Classic, Folk.. etc

am ready to provide any info. u may require

thanks alot

I didn't mean anything other than trying to add a little humour. I re-read my post and could see how it might offend a dedicated fan. I'm glad you weren't offended.

She looks wonderful for her age. Was wondering if you knew of any TV schedules or tour dates in the US.

I didn't mean anything other than trying to add a little humour. I re-read my post and could see how it might offend a dedicated fan. I'm glad you weren't offended.

You know MT, I chuckled at your first reply and knowing there wasn't any disrespect.

However, you must have the magic touch for if I've done so ... well, er, who knows?? ::

Speaking of acronyms (I know - you're sitting there thinking, "Acronyms?? Ant's a retart!!") .... MT = magic touch, MT = Muzik Tyme :bow:

:)

She looks wonderful for her age. Was wondering if you knew of any TV schedules or tour dates in the US.

Thanks dear :)

don't worryi weren't offended coz i am fully aware that you know nothing about the Diva, plus i have to respect your opinion no matter how u express it..

Knowing that she started her caree on 1955, and she is still the greatest diva ever in the Middle East, so its a big achievement i guess.

as for your question about her tour to US, actually she had a recent tour the US on October 2003 in her first tour of the millennium. Her tour dates included:

Mohegan Sun Center, Uncasville CT ? October 11, 2003

Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles CA ? October 18, 2003

Fox Theatre, Detroit MI ? October 23, 2003

Her prvious concert in US was on May 1999 in Las Vegas where MGM Grand invested $1.5 Million on Fairouz Premiere in Las Vegas. She were give Las Vegas City's Key by Las Vegas Governer

u may find a report about her concer on the following link

http://www.washington-report.org/backissues/0799/9907074.html

we asked a security guard if he had ever witnessed such an exuberant crowd. ?No,? he replied, ?except for the Rolling Stones who performed here in April.? .....

As for interviews, actually She rarely grants interviews , and her last one was on 1997 with the French TV.

Thanks