guitarists of this age??

dustin20176

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no actually i love heavy metal guitar hence all the metallica,pantera,slayer, and zakk wylde i listen to.

i was just wondering whether the group was heavy metal or not and the only reason we still worship hendrix and srv is cause theyre way better than guitarists these dayz.

no offense to you if u like children of bodom or death better i mean that is you

oops my bad. yeah man they shred you gotta listen to them. :rockon: :rockon:

Shredding gets awfully monotonous. A good guitarist adds diversity.

A note to peeps who don't play guitar - if you listen to a shredder, they use massive amounts of distortion and lots of other effects so that it covers a lot of fluffs/mistakes.

The best shredders can emulate on an acoustic without any preamplification.

I can't believe I didn't realize Slash wasn't included, it's funny which ones they list over him too.

i got a dvd full of old g n r videos and it has almost convinced me he is the best lol.

Really? Is it Music Videos or Live performances?

I have most of their music videos on tape except for Yesterdays & Garden of Eden & a couple others I think.

Can this DVD be found on ebay or anywhere on the net?

it is a dvd a friend of my dad's made it is jus videos he downloaded and then burnt a dvd with them on there. most of them are videos but i think paradise city is performed live.

oh yea and at the end of the dvd the guy put some nickelback songs on there that i jus skip over lol.

Yeah, reason number 2 sums up "shredders" right there, if an electric is "easier" why the hell would someone so talented prefer it? Besides acoustic requires some background and skill, I've always found that if a primarily electric musician can transfer a song onto acoustic, that's the mark of a talented musician (ex: The Beatles :rockon:, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Hendrix, Clapton)

Sigh.... Why do I always have to cut through the crap and be the one that brings in the 'be all and end all' of these debates? The greatest guitarist is the one everyone wants to be, the one who doesn't stop until the tank is empty.

angus.jpg Rock On, indeed.....

Ken.

Well, to discuss 'best' we should set up some parameters as to what would define 'best'. That they can sell out 500,000 seat stadiums repetitively, have a career that spans some 30+ years and make 20+ albums that all have an instantly recognizeable sound. To do worldwide tours, smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, go out there playing blistering solos while jiggling like a schoolboy pitching a tantrum. And to have people tattoo your likeness on their bodies. If that doesn't make you the best, you are certainly in the 'best' category. Yes. Angus Young, the best.

Ken.

wouldnt u say dimebag got a tattoo of frehley cause he was influenced by him??

cause if thats what u say i mean dimebag could be influenced by him and still be way better than him cause he definitely is jus listen to any of his songs frehley has nothing on him.

i mine as well not even argue with you cause obviously u never got past kiss or ac/dc cause to say angus young is better than hendrix or page is just mad.

Surviving by not overdosing on drugs and snuffing out talent is better. I meant no harm, I was only kidding around. There are lots of guitarists I enjoy. While talent may count for a lot, attitude and flash sure go a long way.

Ken.

well u must not have watched the page or hendrix tapes cause they both have alot of attitude and flash and they have alot more talent than angus young i mean all angus young has ever really done is played rock page has done every type of guitar playing possible almost.