Whats the deal with Emo?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with emo itself, but then again, I haven't heard much of it. I'm not into that "Everyone hates me and the world sucks" type of music. There's a place for it, I'm sure, but it's not my thing.

I hope it doesn't glamorize depression, cutting or suicide. Depression is a serious disease and not a "fad". It should be taken seriously...I know someone who is suffering from depression, and believe me, there's nothing "cool" about it.

It's a phase Im sure everyone will grow out of.

I have to disagree with batman in saying that emo bandsa re modern day blues bands. Blues is much more soulful than emo. And there are no blues songs about slitting wrists or anything sick like half the emo ongs out there.

Most emo isn't about slitting wrists. Emo is about depression. The blues are about depression. Therefore, emo is modern day blues.

I just found out a fun fact about my 2nd favorite emo band, Sunny Day Real Estate. They had a guitarist who refused to play any concerts in California. Isn't that so freaking awesome?

Weezer is still my favorite though.

hows that awesome? whats wrong with california?

The rural parts are OK, but from my personal experience, most of the population of California's biggest cities are rude and snobby. And a lot of them seem to be way too obsessed with being hip. Plus, they get all the good concerts. Radiohead gave the rude Californians 6 concerts, but denied the Oregonians any concerts.