Whats the deal with Emo?

So all these teenage kids who are making this sad new school Emo music must be like living in Africa, starving and living in poverty, and being forced into wars by evil dictators, Right? I mean compared to that what does a spoiled teenage brat living in suburbia have to be sad about?

I mean come on people--this is f%$#ing America. We have everything handed to us on a silver f#%&ing platter! And what are we going to do with this blessing? Sing about how f%$#ing sad we are?

Seriously, can someone explain this to me, and why I shouldnt beat the livin snot out of the next whiney Emo I see?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure it has to do with one particular country, it is a global emo vibe where its is basically bitching about different things. I like to tune out to that.

(((((((((( Photon )))))))))

(((((((((( Listening to : But It's Better If You Do by Panic! At The Disco

(((((((((( http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/15697360 ))))))))))

I think it's really foolish to think that only people in the worst situation in the entire world can be sad. Everyone can be sad sometimes, it's just part of life. PaulEdwardWagemann, you've been sad before, right? Well, emo bands write songs about those times when they are sad. Emo bands are modern day blues bands.

Emo has become a fad. Most teens aren't calling themselves "Goth" anymore. Most of the Emo teenagers I know are just like normal teenagers only they wear alot of black, but then again most of the teenagers around here like to complain about how bad they thing they have it. Not just Emo teenagers listen to "Emo Music" now though. Everyone listens to a sad music now and then. Emo has become Punk only whiny. :P

.... can someone explain this to me, and why I shouldnt beat the livin snot out of the next whiney Emo I see?

Is it OK to beat the living crap out of people who don't happen to share our world-view?

Cut'em a bit of slack, won't you? If you can't be a pathetically over-sensitive bundle of whining resentment when you're a teenager, when can you? .....Better a feeble sad-sack than a violent bully, in my opinion.

Well , I'm sure you do TAP , but if they haven't found the orchard or the like to hide in by now ; then they're likely still feeling pretty crappy about themselves and want some attention . This gets to be a 'habit ' for some and a way of life for others : shake it off and move on or pray 'Imagine ' will come true , is what it comes down to .

Oh I get sad, but not because some girl wont notice me or because I was overcharged for a haircut...it just seems this ScrEmO crap is a pathetic attempt for attention--"Woa is me" bllsheet. I mean, are the teenagers of western civilization today so out of touch with reality and so overly self-involved that they think that their latest pimple is so much more of a tragedy than the fact that there are kids starving in Africa everyday???

Oh I get sad, but not because some girl wont notice me or because I was overcharged for a haircut...it just seems this ScrEmO crap is a pathetic attempt for attention--"Woa is me" bllsheet. I mean, are the teenagers of western civilization today so out of touch with reality and so overly self-involved that they think that their latest pimple is so much more of a tragedy than the fact that there are kids starving in Africa everyday???

Well, if everything is relative to personal experience, of course rich suburban kids are going to get upset over small things, right?

I think people like you are the reason teen suicide is such a problem in today's society. A lot of teens actually do have problems with depression. And they're not just crying for attention, they've got messed up chemicals in their brains. Adults have this "suck it up, pussy" attitude that doesn't help things at all. I mean, if you tell a teenager who is going through depression that there are children dying of starvation in Africa, that's only going to make things worse. "Oh wow, there are children starving in Africa? I feel GREAT now!"

In conclusion, PaulEdwardWagemann, you kill teenagers. Yes, you.

So you are saying that teenagers cant handle reality???

Look, what I'm saying is that if they want to live in their tiny little suburban bubbles where a pimple on their ass is tantamount to poverty and starvation then I have no use for them. I live in the real world. Its a harsh world at times, but you have to deal with it and do your best to tray and make it a better place...

Didn't you people ever see the Live Aid video???

Then there was Live 8 where they put on a million dollar concert to "raise awareness" when they could have charged a dollar for admission and raised millions of dollars for charity.

So you are saying that teenagers cant handle reality???

Look, what I'm saying is that if they want to live in their tiny little suburban bubbles where a pimple on their ass is tantamount to poverty and starvation then I have no use for them. I live in the real world. Its a harsh world at times, but you have to deal with it and do your best to tray and make it a better place...

Didn't you people ever see the Live Aid video???

My God, you are such a dumbass. Teenagers get sad about measly things like breaking up with their girlfriends because they don't have the experience of, oh I don't know, starvation. Their feelings are relative to their personal experiences. And I don't know any teenagers who actually think their problems are on par with the problems of starving children in Africa.

I think you are the one who lives in a bubble. People like you think that teenage depression doesn't exist. Unfortunately, many adults are like that, and adults are the only ones who can solve the problem. Either adults need to get out of their "everything is perfect as long as you aren't starving" bubble, or we need more teenage psycholigists and scientists to cure depression.

And I think it's interesting that you say you "have no use for them." What do you usually "use" teenagers for?

And another question; what have you done recently to make the world a better place?