The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 22

WELCOME TO TOP TEN #22.

PLEASE ALSO VIEW OUR CURRENT TOP TEN #21. !!!

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN NOMINATING AND CHOOSING "THE SONGFACTORS CHOICE TOP TEN" ?

ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1950 to the present that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens )

AND

aren't currently in the Songfacts Daily or Weekly Top Tens.

(They are the Main Charts - this is supplementary to them).

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pipeline-The Chantays

The greatest surfing instrumental of all time, I believe, and I think RonJon agreed with me on another old thread where we were discussing "surf songs". COULD one of our talented young friends please try to find a video of it ?

:coolio:

I see a few re-nominations. Good on you; if Build Me Up Buttercup can make #2 having missed out before, you just never know. I might give If You Leave Me Now/Chicago another try next time.

:)

It's good to see legends like Jim Reeves and Merle Haggard make an entry into the nominations. Two of my favourite male artists there. I was holding back on these; let's see how they do in this TT round.

With new members joining the thread and some of our regulars taking a break or two, it is neither easy to pick a nomination nor easy to predict how well it will fare.

Delilah - Tom Jones

Delta Dawn - Tanya Tucker

Well you've chosen my favorite Tom Jones' song, Judo, but I like Australian Helen Reddy's version of Delta Dawn (US #1)better than Tanya's (US #72).

Still, a lot of 'regular Chart' #1s have bitten the dust in some of our Top Tens !

:)

I'll bet you don't know either of them, Kevin. !!! (I only know one).

c s, I know Powderfinger are known, or becoming so, overseas. How about the Hoodoo Gurus though ? We have many fine Oz artists, but if they're not known...

Who's heard of either/both Bands please ? And those two songs ?

:P