PETA includes Leppards

RonJonSurfer

Def Leppard Joins PETA

Guitarist Phil Collen hasn't eaten meat for 20 years.

Def Leppard frontman Phil Collen is the latest celebrity spokesperson for animal rights group People For The Ethical Treatment Of Animals (PETA).

Collen hasn't eaten meat for 20 years and several of his band members are vegetarians.

Collen tells PETA's website, "It started freaking me out eating dead body parts. The whole (cannibal serial killer) Jeffrey Dahmer fridge concept of things was weird.

"It started when I was a kid, but you know, you have that whole parent propaganda when they say, 'Oh no, you got to eat this, and it's OK,' and even when you go, 'Well, that chicken is kind of like a dog,' and they go, 'Come on, eat, eat, eat your meat,' and I always felt kind of uncomfortable."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

Have you ever looked closely at the oozing liquid that spurts after the decapitation of a head of lettuce?

Spare a life. Save a leaf.

"If microscopes were attached to our bonnets and we looked closely at the decimation of living tissue during a garden harvesting orgy; we'd all go hungry." - Sir Me

I was a vegetarian and member of PETA for several years. Then PETA began going a bit overboard with their zealous witch hunt-style paint-pelting, etc. and I thought they began to give animal rights advocates a bad name.

I respect whatever views people have, and whatever lifestyle they choose. I don't have to like it, but I'm not going to go throwing red paint on someone because of it.

I´m almost a vegetarian, I only eat meat that doesn´t look at all like meat, and while I do I try to think of anything else, otherwise I couldn´t. I can´t help but thinking that while I´m eating this shrimp, Mama shrimp is looking at the clock and wondering "Why isn´t he/she home by now?" and watching through the window, calling another Mama shrimp on the phone and saying :"My boy/girl isn´t with your son, Mrs.?"

I'm with Shawna..whatever floats your boat. Personally, I eat meat and I'm not a fan of PETA as an organization, but one-on-one I know people who are vegetarians for different reasons, and that is just fine with me. There's room for all of us here.