Forgotten Music??

Sweet Jane 61

When I was on vacation I spent the one rainy day we had organizing my CD's. I put them in categories, anyway, I came across a few I had forgotten I even owned, how that happened I don't know. Maybe because I have more than I know what to do with, but has it happened to you? I found Tom Petty's Echo and have been listening to it a lot and loving it all over again. I guess it is easy to forget when you tend to play your favorites over and over, but finding ones you forgot about is like bringing them home to listen to all over again. My lesson here, to keep organized all the time!! :)

Don't worry Jane I am. Besides having things I've forgotten, I gave up a lot of my cd's to "someone else". Now, I'm in the process of trying to remember everything I had, to try to replace it! Mostly all I've got left are cd's that were made for me or by me. Sammy replaced a lot of my Rolling Stones. (thanks Sammy! :bow: ) It's annoying.

I have found forgotten music, but it wasn't a positive "Woo-hoo I didn't hear that for years" experience.

A better description would have been "Oh my god, I hope nobody's ever gonna find out I had this - What's the quickest way to destroy a tape?"

:P

Nooooo :P

Actually here I'm in the good position, that you won't know them anyway...

but if you have to know, in the early to mid 90's I had a phase of really liking "Die Prinzen" and "Scooter" :P

for those who know them... you may laugh now...

Nooooo :P

Actually here I'm in the good position, that you won't know them anyway...

but if you have to know, in the early to mid 90's I had a phase of really liking "Die Prinzen" and "Scooter" :P

for those who know them... you may laugh now...

I'll laugh for you, Jane...because I know them. :D

Aren't I nice?

Hey, I was in love with Trini Lopez when I was 5... :P I still have his LPs.

As for the records you forgot, I used to get some 50 singles and albums every week at home (promo stuff) during many many years, even decades... I gave them to my friends and I sold the rest at a shop. Now sometimes I find a record I never got rid of and I play it just to see what it was...

My forgotten music involves Marty Robbins' "Gunslingers and Trail Ballads" with songs like "El Paso" "Cool Water" and "Big Iron".

In the same category includes Harry Belafonte's "Calypso", which is a completely gorgeous album that has been kind of in my life since I was an embryo. I'll forget about it for the longest time, then fall in love with it all over again. Tracks like "I Do Adore Her", "Brown Skinned Girl", "The Jackass Song", the stunning "Jamaica Farewell", popular "Day-O" (often mis-titled as the bananna boat song), and the lesser known "Star-O".

Check it out, it's worth it...

Ken.