What are you reading this summer ?

Kevin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read it but I have a few friends who read it over and over again, the same ones who reread Tolkien. The only book I have read 3 times is Joseph Conrad's Victory, which was great. I think Bob Dylan did a song inspired by it.

I've just finished Graham Greene's The Power and the Glory and started on a book about Napoleon.

i just finished 'the kite runner' by khaled hosseini. it's an amazing book about an afghani man living in the united states who is returning to his childhood home of kabul after many years and facing the demons of his past. it is stunningly written, a truly impressive debut novel. it was the first time in ages that i found a book which i couldn't put down. the subject matter is a little harrowing at times and i left mascara all over my pillow last night from crying but it's nonetheless very readable and worth the heartache. i would thoroughly recommend it!

I've just finished American Psycho. I didn't know anything about it when I bought it: picked it up for 25p at a Second-Hand Book Sale on the strength of the blurb.

When I last mentioned it here, it was before any of the errrr... nasty stuff had started... I was just getting a little fed up of the minute detailing of everyone's designer apparel, menu choice, etc., wondering when something was going to happen. Crikey!

Time to turn to something a little on the lighter side, methinks...

I've just finished American Psycho. I didn't know anything about it when I bought it: picked it up for 25p at a Second-Hand Book Sale on the strength of the blurb.

When I last mentioned it here, it was before any of the errrr... nasty stuff had started... I was just getting a little fed up of the minute detailing of everyone's designer apparel, menu choice, etc., wondering when something was going to happen. Crikey!

Time to turn to something a little on the lighter side, methinks...

I just finished reading his first novel, "less than zero", probably less psychotic but once again centered around drugs and rich people. I quite liked it, although I would see why someone could find it pointless