Kind of music?

bluemoon

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a dork, I need identifying of a kind of music. I was at some party a week ago, and they played this kind of music that I didn't enjoy, but I was thinking about it again today and I wondered what this music had been.

I'll try to describe it the best I can. It was just instrumental, a steady beat and lots of electronics and bass. Somewhere in the middle it was only electronics, but not synthesizers or the like but it sounded like a heavily distorted bass or something, very weird..

Well, that's all I can say. Suggestions?

Ok, thanks for your help, everybody...I tried downloading something at LimeWire, but there's so many songs and well, I'd rather if you could give me an example of a genre, tell me the name of a house song for example that fits all the criteria so I can download it. Weird request, but just downloading something random doesn't really tell me much.

Oh, and it's certainly not techno, not so certain about house either...It wasn't as electric as those, more distorted if you know what I mean, and not quite as rhythmic, more smooth.

Edit No.2: Well I downloaded some songs (awful), but in all those songs the electronic stuff had a certain melody, but in the music I'm talking about it was just there to create sounds.

Edited by Guest

Can't help thinking you're asking the impossible, bluem...Even with the addition of your more recent descriptions, it still sounds like "techno" to me (There are different styles of techno- it's not a rigid format)

I'm curious to know why you're so damned keen to pinpoint this track and its genre, if you didn't actually like it! :confused:

I don't necessarily want to find the song, just the general kind of music. Yes I don't like it, but because I just can't find out what it is it keeps bugging me even more. Strange, I know.

And thank you, FarinU, but the first song was too rhythmic and the second song was completely different. Thanks for trying, though.

I first thought of this song (or that style)Aerodynamic ~ Daft Punk

or The Chemical Brothers with "Elektrobank"

I think that's House?? correct me if I'm wrong...

Happy to oblige, Farin. I enjoyed the Chemical Brothers track, but it certainly wasn't "House"...The Chemical Brothers are virtually impossible to categorise, to be honest, since they are producers using "borrowed sounds / beats" from richly diverse origins to create new forms. I believe that in the States , along with artists like The Prodigy, they would be dubbed "electronica", but frankly that means nothing much to me. They could be classed as "techno" (which is now as big and vague as "rock") but that doesn't help much either. When they first started they were sometimes bracketed as "big-beat" but then again so was Fatboy Slim... :confused: :crazy: Bits of that track did sound a bit "big-beat meets acid-rock" So how about "big-beat psyche-punk cyber-techno fusion" :P

Thanks for clearing that up B-F! :thumbsup:

Normally I don't care much for genre classifications, because they're either too broad (like "Rock") or so specific that I can't comprehend what that would sound like ("big-beat psyche-punk cyber-techno fusion")