The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 21

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN # 21

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO, YOU ASK ?

IT'S EASY! :)

- Simply nominate two songs that weren't in a previous Top Ten (Click here to find out --> Every Song In Every Top Ten )

AND

aren't currently in the Songfacts Daily or Weekly Top Tens.

(They are the Main Charts - this is supplementary to them).

- When nominations close, choose your Ten favourite songs out of all Nominations. We'll give 10 points for #1, 9 for #2 etc. and compile the Top Ten from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE NOMINATE AWAY NOW!

:headphones:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Rocket Man - Elton John

2. One Fine Morning - Lighthouse

Although not as well known as Chicago nor nearly as long-lived, IMO, during its heyday in the late 1960's and early 1970's, Lighthouse was every bit as good as Chicago. They were the first "rock" act to play the Newport, Monterey and Boston Globe jazz festivals and toured with jazz greats like Miles Davis and Chick Corea. At the Isle of Wight Festival in England, they were the only act, other than Jimi Hendrix, to appear twice.

Interestingly, during his North American debut, Elton John was the opening act for Lighthouse.

It's great to see some familiar "faces" back again. Maybe I closed the last Top Ten off too early, as some people did miss out on voting.

Whenever I logged on there just didn't seem to be many of our "regulars" around, and I thought a lot of you might be waiting to nominate again.

We'll try to get the balance right and play this one by ear. If WEEKLY Top Tens would work better, that's fine with me.

:)

Remember bluesboy's suggestion to compile a 'Phantom CD' of each person's nominations after every TENTH Top Ten ? He and CeeCee have done so in the Thread for #20, and I'm copying their 'CDs' forward to this Thread.

I think it's interesting to see our individual music choices, and I'll be going back through Top Tens 11-20 to get mine and post them (why didn't I keep a list of them). I hope more will join us in doing so.

:headphones:

I reckon so Lizard ! People were saying my generation was hopeless when I was a teenager. Elvis (Presley that is) was regarded as the Antichrist by many older people. You know, real old, like 35 or 40.

;)

Here's my nominations:

Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley

Midnight Train To Georgia - Gladys Knight & The Pips