What instruments do you play?

Shadows

What instruments can the people of songfacts play?

How long have you been playing for?

Whats your favourite song to play on your instrument?

I play guitar, i have been playing for around...4 months. i love to play:

tears in heaven - eric clapton

over the hills and far away - led zeppelin

tangerine - led zeppelin

wonderful tonight - eric clapton

all along the watchtower - bob dylan

all along the watchtower - jimi hendrix cover

knockin' on heavens door - dylan

tangled up in blue - dylan

angie - the rolling stones

roundabout - yes

wow..bit of a list there...and theres lots more..so much for a favourite. favourites are too hard to pick haha

I also play guitar. Considering the fact that I have been playing for around 8 years now, I'm pretty useless. I usually just practise "Stairway To Heaven" and "Under The Bridge" on my classical guitar, but there are a few other songs I am practising. I am trying to learn "Classical Gas", but it is just too hard :( .

I can also play keyboard instruments (piano, keyboard, as well as glockenspiel and xylophone for my school concert band), but I don't think I've played on my keyboard for about two years now.

I've been playing keyboard for... about 3 years now, I think (maybe closer to 4). I only started taking lessons about a year ago, so I still stink at it.

Some stuff I play on it:

Piano Bar - Yoko Kanno (not entirely finished learning it :P)

Utau Yama (Singing Mountain) and Chrono and Marle: Far Off Promise - Yasunori Mitsuda (from a video game called Chrono Trigger)

Minuet - Bach

And a couple of others. :P

I also play guitar, but I can never seem to be able to play it as frequent as piano. A couple of things...

Simple Man - Shinedown (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover)

One Last Breath - Creed

Rock And Roll - Led Zeppelin (I stink at it)

3 A.M. - Matchbox 20

Otherwise I do some composing on both of them. :P

I've played Bass for many years. Some steel guitar & cello also, there's really not much to talk about in the way of talent or inspiration though, since it's mostly backing up the lead-guitarist. The only key incision factor is with Octave Pulsates & coordinated synchronized Rhythm chords, the freting is made easy by a properly tuned amplifier. The garage bands I played in had feuds with me, because whenever something went wrong or didn't sound right at a small gig, I was to blame "because I was the 'bassist'" & not considered important enough.

I'm an Irish fiddler. I've been playing for about 6 years. I started out in classical, but that's so boring and structured. If anyone decides to take up violin, do folk music. It's a lot more fun. Classical violinists look down on us fiddlers, but they're stuck in their structured bubbles, so it's us folk musicians that have the real laugh in the end.

Whats your favorite songs to play

'Moby Dick' & 'Lemon Song' is my favorites from Led Zeppelin's catalog of several tracks, along with 'Custard Pie' even though it isn't significant with the bass line. 'The Crunge' is also a good one & fun to play, but not really significant enough, since it's the same octave chord repeated over & over again in rhythm to the guitar.

Moby Dick - Led Zeppelin

G|______________|______________________________________________________________________|

D|______________|_______________5530__________5530_____________________________________|

A|___5530________|__5530_____________1_31_3_1_______1_31_3_1__5530__________5530________|

D|0_____2_42_4_2|0_____2_42_4_24____________4______________0_____2_42_4_20_____2_42_4_2|

It seems difficult to post tablature & have it look correct, because most people wouldn't understand it or be able to read the chords in the right order.

Classical violinists look down on us fiddlers, but they're stuck in their structured bubbles,

The best way to burst their bubbles, is plug in a finely-tuned Electric into a maximized setting output Marshall subwoofer Amplifier & immediately lead-in on a good tune. That'll pop their stuck-up balloon in no time. =:P

• 2 weeks later...

I play guitar, and i know most basic chords on the tenor guitar. I also know most basic chords on piano. I leant the trumpet last november, and my music teachert said I was spectacular, but then music class ended. I hope to pick it up again.

Lately on guitar I've gotten really into alternate tunings, so that I can hold a tune easily by myself and be able to play little lead riffs. So, Nick Drake is fun to play, So is Kaki King. I'm going to start learning Aerial Boundaries by Michael Hedges today, which is ridiculously hard. Should be fun though. I also went through a stage of shredding or what not, I outgrew it, but I'm happy ihad it, so now I can motor when I need to.