ROCKSTAR: Supernova

Danielj

I just realized this is in Music Discussion Classic. Ain't nothin' classic about this show. Perhaps one of the fine mods in this forum could switch it to either Music Discussion or Films & Music.

Anyhoo, yes, that is Dilana. She scares the piss out of me, but she's growing on me. She's just weird enough to be good. I love Storm. I think she should win. I was in love with Toby, but I think that was my hormones talking. I can't stand Lukas, but I think he'll go far. Meh. I'm digging on Magni, but I think it's because he's bald. I love bald men.

And yes, that crazy Zayra needs to go. I can't believe she's stuck around as long as she has.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dilana scares me too, but I think all of her performances have been great. I agree with you Peaches, Toby is hot (and Australian :D ). I like Storm and Magni too, he was great tonight (sang 'The Dolphin's Cry' by Live) so I hope he gets the encore but I suspect that little upstart Lukas will get it.

So now Jill and Josh have gone! I thought Jill would go...great voice, but she has a tendency to scream it out and loose it when she moves too much. I thought that they might have given Josh another chance, I really like his voice.

And Zayra got a reprieve! Actually, I didn't think she sucked too bad on 'All The Young Dudes'. I reckon her or Patrice will be out next week (or I'm hoping).

Josh had a decent voice and a good vibe, but he had no business being in a "rock" competition. It kills me when these people sing all of these whiny, sad sack 90s alternative songs. There is a time and a place for that type of thing, but this group is obviously more rock oriented and looking for over the top show(wo)manship.

Zayra is the craziest person ever.

Good god these people are CRAZY... get RID of that woman, people... she has an attitude problem and no dressing sense and should go lose herself in the nearest Shiny Glittery Absurd Tight Stuff store. I don't know them all yet, but I like Magn i because he is cool and he sang a really great song and he's from iceland... reykjavik... Spelling might be wrong... but wow! to sbe from Iceland!

Agree with the Lukas-troll doll comparison, Peaches. He had his back to the audience for most the song yet again.

I was a little worried when I saw Toby was going to sing 'Layla' by Derek & The Dominos because it is my all time favourite song and I wouldn't be able to bear anyone butchering it.

But, I thought he did good, made it a little darker which I thought would suit Supernova more. Gilby didn't like the arrangement, but Toby did well because he coulda ruined that song.

Magni an Storm were great too. Ryan is really good, but he freaks me out. I think Patrice will be out this week.