ROCKSTAR: Supernova

Danielj

Well, this is a show started by Montley Crue's Tommy Lee, Guns N' Roses Gilby Clarke and Metallicas Jason Newstead. All other than Tommy Lee being their band's rejects need I mention. They want to find a singer for the band. So they have an American Idol style auditions, and votes. Hosted by Dave Navarro and some chick (:PI dont remember her name). The band is going to be absolutely horrible, but some of the singers are good, so it's entertaining.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched an interview on this show, it sounds interesting, it's a damn shame I can't sing otherwise I would go audition. I've tried out in the past a couple of time for back-up with indie-label bands, & been turned away. :doh:

I don't agree that this band will suck though, but they should hire a hot young female to do lead vocals, that would really stir things up, to go along with their overexposure publicity trials.

oh dear... ;)

I saw part of this show last week. I enjoyed hearing the singers, they were quite good. MC, I don't know about the band itself, that remains to be seen, but I agree on the female vocalist. I heard two, both sounded great, and would give the band as a whole a better look. Since that's the direction they are going.

I think it will have disastrous consequences. After Rockstar: INXS I've come across people who suddenly list INXS as one of their favourite bands despite having zero idea of the original band. The band can call itself a rock band, but ultimately it'll be regular ol' pop.

Radhi, you are right about that, this "new INXS" is just pop crap. I doubt whether I care much for this new band either, I'm not a big fan of any of the members (now Dave Navvaro :shades: ), but the difference will be that they are a new band. Still, I can't see any band coming out of a TV show being artistically good. Period.

Watched it tonight and I cannot believe that Zayra didn't get the boot!! She totally and utterly butchered 'You Really Got Me' by the Kinks (which she sang both nights). I think they didn't kick her out because she copped some flak from the judges and it woulda looked biased. But c'mon, she was god awful.

The other female singers are great, but I just cannot see anyway in which they'll choose a female lead.

About show in general, I like these guys better than I like INXS musically. I am a huge Metallica fan so I wanted to check it out ever since I heard Jason Newsted was going to be part of it. And I love Gilby Clarke :D

I agree with you too CeeCee, at least they are an entirely new band coming together. With INXS, they just wanted a new lead singer. As far as I am concerned, there is no INXS without Michael Hutchence.

I have started watching this crap since it is on after my secret shame, "Big Brother". I refused to watch it last year because I thought it was so disrespectful to try and replace a dead man, especially my beloved Michael Hutchence.

Anyway, I haven't been terribly impressed with anyone. That Zayra chick is awful. There is one girl I liked, but I cannot remember her name. And I think I would have one of the Australian dude's babies. :grin:

But the rest of them have got to go.

Watched it tonight and I cannot believe that Zayra didn't get the boot!! She totally and utterly butchered 'You Really Got Me' by the Kinks (which she sang both nights). I think they didn't kick her out because she copped some flak from the judges and it woulda looked biased. But c'mon, she was god awful.

They DIDN'T kick her off? I was so sure she was going, that I stopped watching (it was 2:15am... I wanted to go to bed). Who did they kick off then?

Chris, the guy who sang 'Take Me Out' by Franz Ferdinand and an acoustic'If You Could Only See' by Tonic on the elmination show. They said that being in the bottom three two weeks in a row was too hard to ignore. But I really think Zayra's lack of talent was harder to ignore!

I think Lukas is the man for the job fo sho, he or the Aussi Toby. . . .

I looked up a couple of other contestants originals, and they are so much bettermoff being solo. Ryan Star and Josh Logan were so cool.

myspace.com/joshloganbang

myspace.com/rstar

Phil went tonight and I can't say I'm sorry to see him go, he was kinda average. I did think Zayra would go though, she definitely won't come close to fronting Supernova so I don't see the point in prolonging her stay.

I think Gilby Clarke talks a lot of sense, I agree with most everything he says and the comments he makes.

Phil looked just like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. He was terrible and had to go. Zayra is an absolute idiot, but she's just weird enough that they keep her around. She reminds me of Hildi from the decorating show "Trading Spaces". Completely off her rocker, but blessed with the most amazing unjustified sense of confidence.

I love Gilby. Newsted is a little on the slow side, but I've been in love with him for years.

I am all over Storm. I think she can win the whole thing. I still want the Australian dude to impregnate me.

• 2 weeks later...

Dilana is pink-haired girl with beard growing from one of three chin piercings right? I don't like her.

Please please please get them to make that Latino girl with the bad attitude go away. I don't like her! She can't sing, she can't perform and she can't wear proper clothes.