Greatest Bass Players?

Who do you think are the greatest bass players?

My favourite bassists are:

Chris Squire - Yes

Rick Danko - The Band

John Paul Jones - Led Zeppelin.

John Paul Jones was also great on mandolin!

Edited by Guest
Thread title

You guys are serious about McCartney being a "great" bass player? I'm a longtime Beatles/McCartney fan but he's an above average bass player at best. I think you may be giving him more credit for his song writing skills and persona but as a bass player he's just "pretty good".

You guys are serious about McCartney being a "great" bass player? I'm a longtime Beatles/McCartney fan but he's an above average bass player at best. I think you may be giving him more credit for his song writing skills and persona but as a bass player he's just "pretty good".

I am totally serious. I don´t like him as a person and I don´t appreciate his song writing skills since he´s no longer part of Lennon-McCartney, but I must admit he´s one of the best.

Paul McCartney - Beatles

Tim "Slim Yogurt" Bogert - Vanilla Fudge

Roger Glover - Deep Purple

Bill Wyman - Rolling Stones

Geezer Butler - Black Sabbath

Aston Barrett - Bob Marley & the Wailers

Mark Anthony - Van Halen

Rob Baily - AC/DC

Cliff Burton - Metallica

...just to name a few

I am totally serious. I don´t like him as a person and I don´t appreciate his song writing skills since he´s no longer part of Lennon-McCartney, but I must admit he´s one of the best.

Ok, it's your list but I think if he wasn't Paul McCartney of the Beatles and just a bass player from some other band he wouldn't get a mention here.