Pirates of the Caribbean

So, I just saw POTC: Dead Man's Chest and thought it lived up to the hype. It was 10x better than Black Pearl... but I had to go to the theater an hour before box office opened to get tickets. Also, there were several midnight showings... Where I come from, the midnight showing sold out at 5 pm.

So, I guess you can, um, discuss the movie here?

I'm planning on seeing this over the weekend. Usually we go to the Drive-In Theatre to check out movies, like 2 Fast 2 Furious : Tokyo Drift (which sucked, BTW) - my parked car saw more action than that movie} I'm gonna have to resort to the multi-plex for this one, if it's twice as good as the original like you say, then I plan on actually watching this movie. Usually I just wait until it's released at the 1$ theatre or comes out onto DVD, so I can rent, rip, burn, & send back. :cool:

I would see anything with Johnny Depp in it. Anything. And love it.

As evidenced by the box office results for the weekend between "Pirates" and Superman, I think we all would.

Johnny Depp. :googly: / Unknown Guy, with a not so great body, in tights, with his underpants on top. :crazy:

Tough choice.

I'm planning on seeing this over the weekend. Usually we go to the Drive-In Theatre to check out movies, like 2 Fast 2 Furious : Tokyo Drift (which sucked, BTW) - my parked car saw more action than that movie} I'm gonna have to resort to the multi-plex for this one, if it's twice as good as the original like you say, then I plan on actually watching this movie. Usually I just wait until it's released at the 1$ theatre or comes out onto DVD, so I can rent, rip, burn, & send back. :cool:

Drive-In's still exist where you live? Thing of the past here. I remember my friends and I riding our bikes over to the drive-in and hoping to catch some brief nudity either on the screen or in the cars.

just back from the cinema - the movie could have been a half an hour shorter - the first craggon sequence was long and unnecessary. keira knightley gives me a pain in my face. she speaks like she has marbles in her mouth >>insert disgustingly vulgar joke here<< and has about as much onscreen chemistry as a wet rag, much like orlando bloom. however the special effects were pretty spectacular. and johnny depp was fantastic, he made the movie! i do love a man who can carry off black kohl eyeliner!

Drive-In's still exist where you live? Thing of the past here. I remember my friends and I riding our bikes over to the drive-in and hoping to catch some brief nudity either on the screen or in the cars.

There's one open in Phoenix (where I'm at now) & a couple in L.A.; I'm surprised they don't have them in New Jersey anymore, isn't that state basically a large Suburb of NYC. & Philly?

There's one open in Phoenix (where I'm at now) & a couple in L.A.; I'm surprised they don't have them in New Jersey anymore, isn't that state basically a large Suburb of NYC. & Philly?

I don't think there are any left in NJ, but there's one close to me, in Warwick, NY (15 or so minutes away), that shows second run movies.

I thought it was better than the first.

More action sequences, a good film.

Keira Knightley is great I think, so she can't act great, I didn't notice. (hee-hee)

As for drive-ins, yeah what a shame they're aren't many around here anymore. The property valuse drove them away. You can build two costcos and a burger king and subway in the space they take up here. And those places make money when it's raining.

As evidenced by the box office results for the weekend between "Pirates" and Superman, I think we all would.

Johnny Depp. :googly: / Unknown Guy, with a not so great body, in tights, with his underpants on top. :crazy:

Tough choice

I don't know Cee Cee. Apparently, they delayed the release of the Superman movie by several months to allow the computer graphics magicians to digitally reduce the size of Brandon's, err, package. :laughing: :laughing:

the end kinda pissed me off.

Fortunately, I was pre-warned that the end would leave me hanging... but I also know there's going to be a third installment, so I wouldn't have been surprised anyway. It's a clever ruse to get us to throw money at the movie theaters.

But it's Johnny Depp. What the hell. :grin:

Blame George Lucas . He started this manic endorsement and franchising and it's every studio's wet dream now , if they can catch a piece of that . I've heard they are even going to change the original 'Pirates Of The Carribbean ' ride in order to incorporate characters familiar from the films ... :P

I can just about guarantee that POTC: At World's End will have the biggest opening ticket sales ever. Yet once again, inexplicably, Disney's stock will go down. As an investor, it's rather annoying. Cars and POTC were the biggest movies of the season, and the stock still falters.