Pirates of the Caribbean

I saw "Pirates" last night and really enjoyed it. Great makeup with all of those characters and great stunts and special effects. The only negative I thought was that it seemed a little long. Overall I would give it a 9 out of 10. A nice movie to just set back and have a good time.

I enjoyed the scenes with the monster from the depths. It reminded me of an updated version of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea when Captain Nemo and Kirk Douglas were fighting the giant squid.

rtstuff

• 3 weeks later...

I finally watched it last friday (it didn't come out here until last week) and simply agree with what most said: the first one was better, the ending was annoying (naturally)...

all in all it wasn't THAT good, compared to the hype they made about it. Come to think of, that happens more and more... :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm refering to the references that state there really is no origin nor person attached to the myth ... it's simply an expresion without any real reference , and , hence, my confusion of the ' story ' of Davy Jones - of which there is none . The ' Flying Dutchman' would be another - sources and origins exist , but there are no concrete stories per se .

• 4 months later...