Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 20

WELCOME TO TOP TEN #20.

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN NOMINATING AND CHOOSING "THE SONGFACTORS CHOICE TOP TEN" ?

ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1950 to the present that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens )

AND

aren't currently in the Songfacts Daily or Weekly Top Tens.

(They are the Main Charts - this is supplementary to them).

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
unstick

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebodys' Baby ~ Jackson Browne

That's the one CeeCee. It'll be high in my Ten, because I was going to nominate it and my favorite Bob Seger song.

Then, when I was getting that list of 'Songs that have been in the Top Ten' together, I was surprised we haven't had any 4 Seasons' ones, so I changed.

Also Handle With Care/Traveling Wilburys may just have been the last 45 I ever bought, I think.

:)

a renomination:

No Milk Today ~ Herman's Hermits

and here's one I know won't get in the Top Ten:

The Seed 2.0 ~ The Roots

I really liked Peaches comment about this song

Rappers who play instruments and have thought provoking lyrics? Shut up! :grin:

If you're curious, I'll post it in "Random videos" :)

December 1963 (Oh What A Night) - The 4 Seasons

Handle With Care - The Traveling Wilburys

I'm glad you nominated The 4 Seasons, Darryl. I've been a fan of theirs since Stay was released.

Here's my nominations:

When You Walk In The Room - Jackie de Shannon

Lady Eleanor - Lindisfarne (If you haven't heard this one, try and find it, it's really wonderful, and so is much of Lindisfarne's music.)

I've extracted the previous 19 lists from the archive into an excel spread sheet which you can download here

For the first 6 lists there were no points given for the songs, just the placements. Old55 and Farin, if you have them available you can email them to me: lzell_2000@yahoo.com

Handle with Care- The Traveling Wilburys

Darryl, I listened to Traveling Wilbury's Vol. 1 this morning & gave a lot of heavy thought on it, regarding the late Roy Orbison & George Harrison & their talented input with the bands project. They never released vol. 2, despite having a 3rd set 3 years later in 1990 under the watchful eye of Jeff Lynne (ELO), Petty & Bob Dylan were supposed to arrange a comeback with an un-named legendary guitarist/vocalist, but the plan was shelved.

Decisions, Decisions : Everyone seems to have a "knack" for listing good oldies, if I did say so myself. CS87's songs will probably be in my top 5 votes. UncleJoe, good call on that Tull song. I've always been partial to Bluesboy's pick; Joni Mitchell's Cactus Tree, this song has a place in my heart, it's more of a local scenario that one would have to understand "life on the desert terrain" to fully enjoy

• We choose these picks for this week:
  • music-note.jpg Lean on Me ~ Bill Withers
  • music-note.jpg One ~ U2

(The latter of the two, may need to be changed, I'm working on negotiating the order of choices with my spouse, & may need to alter her selection, I apologize for this perception in dealing with the right implicated track.)

Thanks for your time, Kenne & Tesa

Edited by Guest
Wife Control; seriously