Update on "We Are Marshall" movie

rtstuff

The filming of the "We Are Marshall movie wrapped in Atlanta on June 20th. Everything that I have seen and read about this film is special. The entire crew of actors and technicians really put everything into this film.

For those that don't care about sports movie don't despair. Although admittedly there is sports in the film, it is about the air tragedy that killed most of the Marshall team, it's coaches and many boosters, the film is about the triumph of the human spirit. This film is about a universtity and town that refused to give up inspite of a devestating tragedy. This film will take you from the depths of human suffering to the heights of incredible triumph. I have heard from those that are closely associated with this production and I think Warner Brothers has hit a homerun with this one.

The first theatrical trailer is expected out with the film "The Lady In Water" that is due out on July 21. The premier in Huntington, West Virginia is due for October 27th. I assume nation wide release will be right after that date.

By the way for you ladies Matthew McConughey does an outstanding job as coach Jack Lengyle who took over the team the next year after the plane crash. I also hear that Matthew Fox does a great job as coach Red Dawson.

rtstuff

Marshall U. 1971

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and a good thing never dies". Andy Dufrense. "The Shawshank Redemption"

I am excited about this film. I also know that it is going to be very hard to watch for not only me,but for all of those that lost loved ones. This is a story that has needed to be told for a long time. I have talked extensively with a gentleman that lost his father when he was a young child and he tells me the same thing. He is excited, but admittedly doesn't know how he will get through it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. I certainly hope the film is marketed internationally. I have talked with the publicist and he strikes me as a top notch professional as well as an outstanding individual. The publicist, Ernie Malik, worked on the films "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Friday Night Lights" as well as many other films.

I will email Ernie and find out if an international release is planned.

rtstuff