The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 19

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Das, for being faster than me :)

Yes you're right! As long as it isn't in the current Daily or Weekly Top Ten it's alright...

In that case I'll just wait patiently until "Won't Get Fooled Again" drops out of the ten, and then I'll pounce on it (unless someone beats me to it).

Teacher - Jethro Tull (To prove to Bazooka that Australia thinks Jethro is okay. No flute in this one though, but maybe a little didgeridoo?? )
Huh?

Flautophobes be warned! There are detectable amounts of flute in Teacher.

Tell Mama - Etta James

Joe, I nominated Tell Mama back in Top Ten #5.

Scored pretty well I think, but wasn't a winner. Some of Etta's best hollerin' and phenomenal horns! It'll get my vote.

--------------------------------

My Noms:

Fast Car - Tracy Chapman

Fire - The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown

I tried Tracy's Give Me One Reason in #12, but it didn't fare so well. May have better luck with this vintage model.

The discussion elsewhere about Screamin' Jay Hawkins got me thinking about Arthur Brown. Here's a 'snowy' Fire video.

Ambrosia ~ Holding On to Yesterday

Patti Smith Group ~ Because The Night

I nominated "Because The Night" about 2 times ago, I think... didn't get me anywhere. :crazy:

Ambrosia... wow! Another song I used to love and have forgotten all about until just this very second! Nice work. :)

The previous list locked before I could express my over-the-mooness over Alive making it to Numbah One...

I hope we're not going to have a lot of little Pearl Jammers, like the Michael Jackson invasion.

:doh:

I'm going to invite them back and nominate Billie Jean next time. ;)