The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 19

NOW I THINK THESE WOULD BE 2 SURE FIRE #1s:

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Rolling Stones

Another Brick In The Wall (Parts 1 & 2) - Pink Floyd

How about we make them mandatory nominations (credited to nobody) one Top Ten, and fight out the other eight places ?

OR

We all go really commercial and deliberately put songs we think could beat them ?

(Those two would still be mandatory). Maybe for our 25th (Silver) Top Ten ?

I was still thinking we should just let them be nominated by whoever wants to do so. I don't agree with the second idea, since it seems oppose the general purpose of these top tens - we shouldn't nominate songs that we think will be #1.

Also I'm sure there are several Beatles songs remaining that would probably make #1. Hey Jude, perhaps?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my ramblng thoughts on the Beatles, Stones, Who etc. Most of those songs always make it in unless we deliberatly don't vote for them, which I think sometimes happens. They are "super" songs by "super groups". How about a supergroup top ten? Where we can only nominate those type songs? See what comes out in the wash. Which do we consider the best? Just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback CeeCee, c s and Invis. I think the silence from everyone else means we leave things just as they are for now.

The second option was just for a one-off, and would have taken the form that CeeCee proposed. I think there's more like several dozen Beatles/Stones songs that could make #1 c s. And I feel we're kidding ourselves if we think that we don't want our songs to reach #1. It hasn't happened to me, but I'd get a kick out of it!

Now, I'm in a quandary whether to start the next Top Ten yet for various reasons. We've had an abnormally high number of hits on this one, so you're probably waiting for the next one to start. However there's none of our regulars online now, so we'll delay it for the time being.

BY THE WAY: Its 100 DAYS since we commenced our Top Ten on 26 March, and we've had 3077 POSTS and 16428 VIEWS. Not bad in less than 3 1/2 months. Heartfelt thanks to all who've made this Thread the success it's been to date.

Let's recap our CURRENT TOP TEN.

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

Top Ten # 19 for Period ending 5th July 2006

1. Good Vibrations - Beach Boys (1966)

2. Somebody To Love - Jefferson Airplane (1967)

3. Angie - The Rolling Stones (1973)

4. Rock The Casbah - The Clash (1982)

5. Ramble On - Led Zeppelin (1969)

6. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman (1988)

7. Bring It On Home To Me - Sam Cooke (1961)

8. Daniel - Elton John (1973)

9. My Girl - The Temptations (1965)

10.He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies (1969)

:headphones:

As a second year uni maths student, I felt obliged to work out some statistics regarding the posts and views on these top tens:

- 30.77 posts per day

- 937 posts per month

- 1.282 posts per hour

- One post every 46.8 minutes

- 164.28 views per day

- 6.845 views per hour

- One view every 8.77 minutes

Yep, that's impressive considering we don't have a huge number of regulars here.

30.77 posts per day...

Does that mean that one of our posters is a lady who is approximately 7 months pregnant ? Or two ladies who are approx. 3 1/2 months each, or..?

Thanks for those statistics c s. I wish you'd sat next to me at school instead of the dumb kid who knew even less than me.

:bow:

BY THE WAY: Its 100 DAYS since we commenced our Top Ten on 26 March, and we've had 3077 POSTS and 16428 VIEWS. Not bad in less than 3 1/2 months. Heartfelt thanks to all who've made this Thread the success it's been to date.

:headphones:

Darryl I believe you are the one that deserves the thanks (along with Farin, and your other Top Ten helpers). We SF's obviously love it, the numbers that have been posted prove that. You are the one that puts his heart and soul into it, the one that frets, and the one that keeps it all running smoothly.

'Ol Fitty, you are the Top Ten Daddy :headphones:

Thank You.

Aren't you a Sweetheart. :) Thanks on behalf of myself and the Team CeeCee.

We haven't started the next Top Ten yet because some had expressed concern that the Tens were too frequent, and people were missing out nominating and voting.

This is a concern of course, because we know that some will miss out due to personal circumstances from time to time.

However, for now, we've decided to keep going with the five day cycle. No one need ever feel left out. We look for our "regulars" each Top Ten.

:P