Second Hand Smoke a Threat to All

Jugband_Blues

(...pointless article...)

"Secondhand Smoke a Threat to All, Surgeon General Warns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It increases risk of heart disease, lung cancer and SIDS, report finds

By Amanda Gardner, HealthDay Reporter

TUESDAY, June 27 (HealthDay News) -- No amount of secondhand smoke is safe.

And the only way to protect nonsmokers is through smoke-free environments. Separating smokers and nonsmokers within the same air space or relying on sophisticated ventilation systems just doesn't work."

wow...no sh--. thank god reporters are covering such important and groundbreaking stories as this.

Second hand smoke is a threat to all

Well I'm a first hand smoker, so how does this effect me? :beatnik:

the only way to protect nonsmokers is through... relying on sophisticated ventilation systems

Those news reports analysts make it sound like we're a nuclear hazzard everytime we're in public.

Yeah i'm a regular crazy-charlie nuissance...

I agree with Jugband & Cee Cee; they don't have much to report on the news today

I think this recent report was supposed to be the coup de grace for smokers everywhere . Not content with deeming them suicidal parriahs , they can now be accused of killing others as well . It will be held up to ban smoking nearly everywhere , and can even get into their homes now and be used by spouses/ family members etc. to rail against it .

Anyway , I gonna pack it in , I guess , as I couldn't handle the guilt nor shame were my wife or anyone else I know to feel that exposure to my smoking gave them lung cancer or other problems ( eventhough it can form without exposure to cigarette smoke ) .