Riddle Me This Again

Tenacious_Peaches

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this is late, but I really want to play. :content:

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Dodgeball.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

The U.S.

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Potatoes and something else.

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

Strawberries.

5. In many liquor stores you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

Magic.

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

Dwell/dwelling and dwarf.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

Yes.

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

sock (left), shoe (left), sandals, stuff, sock (right), shoe (right), slippers

• 4 months later...

I know a word of letters three. Add two, and fewer there will be. What is it?

As crazy as we'll see, few (er) is what it shall be.

"The thing your mom and dad wanted, the same your sister and brother hated, your cousin and nephew wasted, your friends always baited"

What is it?

• 1 year later...

A customer went to the hardware store to make a purchase for his house. He asked the clerk, "How much will one cost?" The clerk thought for a moment and said, "Three dollars." The customer, who looked a little puzzled said, "Well then, how much will twelve cost?" "Six dollars," replied the clerk. The customer scratched his head and said, "If I were to purchase two hundred, how much would that cost?" "That," said the clerk, "will cost you nine dollars." What was this consumer buying?

"The thing your mom and dad wanted, the same your sister and brother hated, your cousin and nephew wasted, your friends always baited"

What is it?

Drugs? :)

Wrong answer.

I recall it customary to answer the riddle before proceeding further.

Please follow original rules, thank you.