Tenacious_Peaches

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebus.jpg

Hmmm. This reminds me slightly of the old TV gameshow "Concentration."

I think it means:

"(Eye)f a (man) d(o’s) h(eyes) (bee)est, w(hat) m(oar) (can) we (x)pect phrom hi(1000=m)?"

Or:

"If a man does his best what more can we expect from him?"

I'm probably wrong but I think I'm on the right track.

I think that's right, but unfortunately I don't have the answer.

That's a shame as I would definitely like to know what it says.

Water lilies double in area every 24 hours. It takes them thirty days to cover a pond. How many days would it take for them to cover half a pond?

:D

I don't know if I posted them before, apologies if I did

These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

maybe put your answers in spoilers, so others can answer too :)

I gave it a try. I suck at those questions though :P

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Some sort of race maybe? Like those races in the desert

Some sort of mountain or glacier maybe, but I couldn't think of anything else right now

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Tomatoes I think... and potatoes?

strawberries?

5. In many liquor stores you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

No idea. Maybe they grow the pears inside the bottles, or dry them and put them in there and then when you add a liquid they go back to their usual state.

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

dwarf, dwindle

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

comma, full stop, exclamation mark, question mark, semicolon, apostrophe, colon,...

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

Melons? They don't sell them canned, do they?

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'

Socks, stockings (is that cheating?), sandals, shoes, sneakers, hmm

Ah good, now I don't need to add my own spoilers :cool:

Life! (ok, so maybe that's not a sport)

I dunno... I'll get back to you on that.

tomatoes aren't vegetables, Fin! Erm, I'm gonna say.... I don't know!!

strawberries, of course (why yes, I did already know that)

Is this the one where they place the bottle over the 'bud' so the pear grows in it?

Wow, I couldn't think of any! Except for dweeby names like Dway.... waitaminit... DWEEB!!!

. , ! ? : ; - () ...er maybe & and /

cabbage, apparently. I learned that a while ago

;)

shoes, socks, stockings, sandals, slippers, stilettos

ok so if I have to actually NAME the punctuation marks:

full stop, comma, exclamation marl, question mark, colon, semicolon, hyphen, parentheses (open + close) and maybe ampersand and slash?