Riddle Me This Again

Tenacious_Peaches

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

*bump* ;)

In a certain mythical community, politicians never tell the truth and nonpoliticians always tell the tru\th. A stranger meets three natives and asks the first of them, "Are you a politician?" The first native answers the question. The second native then reports that the first native denied being a politician. The third native said that the first native is a politician.

How many of the three natives are politicians?

[spoilerq:1]possible solution[/spoilerq]

[spoilera:1]the first one HAS to say that he's NOT a politician (otherwise it would come to a paradox), so the second one tells the truth and the third one lies

we have one politicain - the third one[/spoilera]

[spoilerq:1]2nd try[/spoilerq]

[spoilera:1]we only know that the first one CLAIMS to be not a politician, and thus the second one clearly tells the truth

but we can't be sure if the really IS telling the truth (making the third one a liar), or the third one telling the truth - and the first one is the politician

there are two normal guys and one politician, but we don't know if it's the first or the third[/spoilera]

yay :happybanana:

I think we should always post the answer in spoilers, so that others might still solve it after another already got it... :)

new one:

A man is sitting in a pub feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull a wad of £50 notes out of his wallet.

He turns to the rich man and says to him,

"I have an amazing talent: I know almost every song that has ever existed."

The rich man laughs.

The poor man says, "I am willing to bet you all the money you have in your wallet that I can sing a genuine song with a lady's name of your choice in it."

The rich man laughs again and says, "OK, how about my daughter's name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller?"

The rich man goes home poor. The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

[spoilerq:1]don't click if you want to solve it for yourself[/spoilerq]

[spoilera:1]seems that Chris' birthday is on the 31st of December...

so today is 1st January, LAST year (yesterday) was her 8th birthday, THIS year she'll turn 9, NEXT year she'll turn 10 :grin:[/spoilera]

I have one probably known but I'll give it a try!

A man is sitting on a chair listening to the radio when all of the sudden he gets up turns off the radio, turn on the light and goes to his room. There he grabs a gun and shoots himself.

Why did he do it ?(crazy sicko)

Edited by Guest