Mahogany Rush

Lucky

Please tell me someone else here remembers Mahogany Rush. They had a great guitar player...it would've been from the early 70's I think. I found their cd on Amazon a long time ago, so I know they existed...I remember liking them way back when, and now absolutely nothing stands out. Must've not been so good... :stars:

I suppose. I haven't looked, the name just came to me last night, and I felt stupid, remembered liking them, and then...nothing. I'll have to look 'em up this morning. I know they were good, and came along before Rush, I think, I remember the names confusing me. Not one song title stands out for me though!!

ahh, now, that took a whole minute for the basics. Yes Frank Marino, yes heavy guitar, that's why I would've rememebered. Now to listen a little...

Edited by Guest

I do Indeed remember Frank Marinho and Mahogany Rush and went to see them at the Hammersmith Odeon in London....must have been around 82/83...(I saw ZZ Top there a few months later)...Frank was a renowned Hendrix copyist and they did do a storming version of All Along the Watchtower. The publicity story was that Frank OD'd on illicit drugs when he was a teenager and woke from a coma being able to play like Hendrix (a sort of re-invention of the Robert Johnson/Paganini myth for the 80's)...all bollocks, of course, but an entertaining night out. :)