Talk about music being made this decade

Batman

Well, I've noticed that with a lot of recent bands, the focus hasn't been so much on vocal talent as much as vocal...expression. Good example = Jeff Mangum. He's a bad singer, but he sings with a lot of emotion, and his songs make you want to cry.

Hmm, I suppose so. I listened to an album by a Jpop artist named Gackt the other day and most of the songs on the album involve him emoting the lyrics, not so much showing off his range, tone, etc. (Easier to pay attention to that stuff when you can hardly understand a word of it.) Personally I thought it made the songs a bit overblown, but oh well. He's not a bad singer, though... :P

My main problem is that it's mostly monotone. The vocals seem to stay within the same three to five tone range most of the song (and they're sung in a droning manner :P), or at least in the ones I've heard.

I've never really listened to much of their stuff, though, so you probably know more of their stuff than me. :P

Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of Songfactors would like the Shins. They are a folksy band that sounds like they came straight out of the summer of love. Song reccomendations:

"New Slang"

"Caring is Creepy"

"Kissing the Lipless"

"Saint Simon"

• 2 months later...