What is the best instrument in your opinion?

Lizzie

The drums!! What would music be without drums? They keep the beat of the music. Imagine some of your favorite songs without the drum part...would sound pretty silly. Except for the instences when someone takes a song and plays an acoustic version with JUST the guitar...I really like when artists do that...just play in the "raw" without all of the high tech gear to give the false sense of talent. I really think the talent of a band or solo artist can be measured by their live performances. Maybe not in every case...but more often then not IMO.

The drums!! What would music be without drums? They keep the beat of the music. Imagine some of your favorite songs without the drum part...would sound pretty silly. Except for the instences when someone takes a song and plays an acoustic version with JUST the guitar...I really like when artists do that...just play in the "raw" without all of the high tech gear to give the false sense of talent. I really think the talent of a band or solo artist can be measured by their live performances. Maybe not in every case...but more often then not IMO.

True :drummer:

~Lizzie

It's hard to pick a favorite instrument. Other than the Wurlitzer theater organ, I would probably choose the piano. One of my favorite records, "The Song of the Wanderer" by Billy Rose (1927), consists simply of Rose singing the song while playing the piano. I've heard more sophisticated arrangements of this tune performed by bands, but they don't measure up to Rose's performance.

• 5 weeks later...

i'd like to see someone give any reason to back their opinion. it's one thing to say, i play harmonica or piano or guitar, and that's the best; it's another to say well the piano is definitely the best instrument because there is so much variety and diversity in what you can play. you can be a solo act with a bassline(left hand), and comping/soloing (right hand). you can play classical pieces out the wazoo by yourself if you wanted. you aren't limited whatsoever by breath, amount of notes played, or what you learn. how many guitar, bass, or drum players do you see who can't read music? how many real piano players do you see who can't? how many orchestral players do you see who could jam and play over simple chords? how many piano players do you see who could? i think piano is the instrument where you learn the most about music, you learn from day 1 about theory, performance, and feeling. it is God's instrument, and someone please refute me

Ive been playing drums for 10 yrs. I LOVE IT! You can be free, and the drummer is always the coolest...always the dumbest in the band. But yet, the drums take more talent than people think! I like all kinds of drumming, ESPECIALLY...Marching Band Drumlines. Ive been in one for 3 yrs. ITS AWESOME! The Beats...just everything! :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: