The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 16

WELCOME TO OUR NEW TOP TEN #16. NOMINATIONS WILL COMMENCE WHEN YOUR HOST, FARIN, GETS HERE! I'LL BE BACK IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, BUT I'LL FIND A COMPUTER ON WHICH TO NOMINATE AND VOTE. BYE FOR NOW !

NOTICE TO ALL SONGFACTORS:

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE INVOLVED IN NOMINATING AND CHOOSING "THE SONGFACTORS CHOICE TOP TEN" ? IT'S TOO EASY !

ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before

(there's an Archive in this Group of Threads which lists all of our Top Tens)

AND

aren't currently in the Songfacts Daily or Weekly Top Tens to the right.

(They are the Main Charts - this is supplementary to them).

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in preference order from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, there's no one else around except me, and I'm sure Farin won't mind if I start the Nominations rolling. Here's mine.

The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band

Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac

I was going to nominate Riders On The Storm, but I had a Doors' song last time, so I'll leave that for you Joe ! I'll try to get another Country song into the Ten; + the Welsh Witch, my favorite of the Mac's . Catch you all later.

:)

Angel, Rawhide is the theme song from the old TV Western series that made Clint Eastwood a star. The Buddy Holly one is a beautiful ballad with a wonderful string accompaniment that sounds like raindrops. Try to acquire it - you'll love it. I googled the lyrics.

The sun is out - the sky is blue

there's not a cloud to spoil the view

but it's raining - raining in my heart

The weather man says clear today

he doesn't know you've gone away

and it's raining - raining in my heart

Oh, misery - misery

what's gonna become of me

I tell my blues they musn't show

but soon these tears are bound to flow

cause it's raining - raining in my heart

But it's raining - raining in my heart

And it's raining - raining in my heart :crazy:

Thanks for the introduction, Old 55 :)

We already have some fine nominations here (well, I don't know every song, but I'm sure they're cool ;))

I don't want to stand behind, so here's mine:

Sun Is Shining ~ Bob Marley

Disco 2000 ~ Pulp

Keep them nominations coming! :headphones:

Thank you Olefif that was very kind of you to provide Earth Angel with a prompt response.

I'm not much on line these days - just long enough to keep abreast.

PS: The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band, is sure to get my vote !

Edited by Guest
added PS

My nominations:

Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

Losing My Touch - The Rolling Stones (Released in 2002, sung by Keith Richards. Won't make the ten but I just wanted to see how it would do).

Now, I have a proposition.

We are soon to compile our 16th Songfactors' Choice Top Ten. I think that once this top ten is complete it is the perfect time to start THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE ULTIMATE TOP TEN, to be completed over the next few weeks as well as the usual top tens.

It works as follows. First, we vote on our top ten favourite songs from the Songfactors' Choice Top Tens 1-4, then 5-8, 9-12 and 13-16. Once the top tens from these lists are complete, we vote on our top ten favourite songs from those four top tens to create the ultimate top ten.

So, should we do this or do you have any objections? If anyone has already thought of this, I apologise for accidentally reading your mind.

PS. Unfortunately I will not be able to organise this, so someone else will have to volunteer.

Edited by Guest
Experts, texperts, choking smokers

I think that's a very interesting idea, c s!

But I think we should wait at least until our current side project the Top Ten Worst Songs is all wrapped up. I don't want our fellow SongFactors to get a Top Ten overload ;)

That would also give potential volunteers time to come forward (five Top Tens in a relativly short time is a little bit of work)

Now, I have a proposition.

We are soon to compile our 16th Songfactors' Choice Top Ten. I think that once this top ten is complete it is the perfect time to start THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE ULTIMATE TOP TEN, to be completed over the next few weeks as well as the usual top tens.

It works as follows. First, we vote on our top ten favourite songs from the Songfactors' Choice Top Tens 1-4, then 5-8, 9-12 and 13-16. Once the top tens from these lists are complete, we vote on our top ten favourite songs from those four top tens to create the ultimate top ten.

So, should we do this or do you have any objections? If anyone has already thought of this, I apologise for accidentally reading your mind.

I had thought of this too, C S. Kind of a World Cup of Top Tens. Actually my thought was to have a Songfactors (like Billboard) Top 40.

My noms for #16:

We Are One - Angelique Kidjo this is somewhere in my top 5 alltime favorite songs

Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young recently covered in Portuguese by a Brasiliero who sounds a lot like Paul Young. Same interwoven guitar swirls and staccato keyboards. Great song!