Mason, 'I'll Get Floyd together again"

RonJonSurfer

Nick Mason Hopes Pink Floyd Will Reform

The drummer thinks if they get back on stage again it would be for love, not money.

Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason insists the legendary band will only reform when they are truly at peace with each other, and no amount of money can push them into it.

Frontman Dave Gilmour and bassist Roger Waters put their feud aside to reunite at the London Live 8 show last year - but they have both insisted it was a one-off special occasion.

However, Mason is convinced he can persuade his warring former bandmates to take to the stage together again.

He says, "I'd love for it to happen again and I really do think Pink Floyd will play together again - but it would have to be for love, not money."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

• 4 weeks later...

More on this.....

Wright Predicts Pink Floyd Return

The keyboardist is convinced the band will come together again in a bid to tackle poverty.

Pink Floyd keyboardist Rick Wright is convinced the band will come together again in a bid to tackle poverty, because their Live 8 performance failed to change the world.

When The Dark Side of the Moon legends reformed last summer, they insisted it was a one-off and even turned down a reported $180 million to tour the US.

But Wright is convinced the failure of world leaders to live up to the pledges they made last year will see him take to the stage with frontman Dave Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and bassist Roger Waters again.

Wright said, "Well, the performance was great and we had a wonderful time. One can only hope that it did some good; the jury's still out I think, but I'm sure it was better to have done it than to have not done it."

"I think a lot of people after that at least started asking questions about the politics of world trade and I think that's enormously worthwhile and I also think, you know, we haven't finished.

"If they haven't been met then, well, a fuss should be made. I expect we'll have to turn out in Hyde Park again in a few months time if they don't do something."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006