FIFA World Cup 2006

Farin

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, here's my views on yesterdays' match

Germany played very good, as did Italy. We were absolutly equal at all times of the match, but at the end they just had an ounce of luck that we didn't have...

the only bad thing about the match was:

The Italian players let themselves fall on the ground so often, that was really exaggerated.

One more minute and there would have been penalty shootings -- and Germany would have won.

So now I hope Portugal wins :)

PS sorry Peaches, no Hammertime ;)

Thanks Peachy, I knew you would understand me :)

(and I know a guy who actually said that with never eating pizzas again)

If you look at it realisticly it was a very good tournament for us. Just a few weeks/months ago nobody would have hoped to get in the semis... :)

and Silent Bob does :rockon:

I'm glad my paisano's won. They played a good hard game and should have scored some earlier goals. They hit a few crossbars. I'm sorry Farin, that I unleashed the Hasselhoff, but it had to be done to even the playing field. Now about those French....?

I see France beat Portugal 1-0, from a penalty in the first half. So Italy plays France in the final - world number 13 and 8 respectively. It's a bit strange that Nigeria and Denmark are ranked ahead of Italy, yet neither qualified for the cup.

The good news for Farin is that Miroslav Klose will almost certainly get the golden boot, since he's still two goals ahead of everyone else.

I'm for France now. Italy already won 3 times (and a fourth would put them ahead of Germany :grin:). And I'd like to let ZiZou win in his last match as a professional. He's one of the best players around and had an amazing career...

Sadly , whoever wins are going to be insufferable ( if they are football fans ) for the next 4 years ... :P :crazy: :laughing:

For me it comes down to this : am I likely to encounter more 'up themselves ' Frenchmen or Italians here : decision - Italy .

I like all the teams now... but I feel a bit sad Portugal lost. That spot kick goal wasn't very satisfying. I like both France and Italy so I don't mind either of them winning. I'd like Italy to win since France just won in 1998, so it's the Italians turn, but I don't know if that will happen.

Wimbledon, FIFA, what fun!

In just under an hour is the so called "Small Final", the match for the third place Germany vs Portugal...

we have some changes in our team (mostly injuries), so we'll see how good we play...

I'm confident we'll win :)

Germany won 3:1 against Portugal in a great match, with Petit kicking the ball into his own Portuguese goal (2:0) and a yellow card for Schweinsteiger because he took off his shirt. :P

Congrats to the German team! :rockon:

And I still maintain they could and should have been world champion.

I don't think that a third place was more celebrated in the whole history of the World Cup... cha4pr.gif

oh and I think there's even a game today...

Go Italy! I don't have a Bardot, but this lady is almost as beautiful and she can sing!

album9e1rs.jpg

Congratulations to the Italian team, who won in penalty kicks.

I was shocked by what Zidane did in the second overtime. I thought he had more class than that. It is not good for the game to see a player with that kind of legacy leave his final game in that way.