FIFA World Cup 2006

Farin

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CanAm, you haven't tipped against my beloved country!?!? :P

Go Socceroos!! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!

Are you staying up for the match, c_s??

Actually Katie, the only reason I have been cheering for Italy, is because I selected them (in an office football pool) to win it all. But to hell with my 10 bucks. GO AUSTRALIA!!!!:) :thumbsup:

I´ll have to choose tomorrow... France-Spain on one channel and Desperate Housewives on another, same hour...

Of course I hope France will win, I hate it when we have megaparties on the streets at 4 am...

And I will watch DH, bien sûr. :)

Ukraine v Switzerland

Possibly the dullest match I've ever seen....enlivened only by the worst set of penalties ever to grace a World Cup....goodbye Switzerland....(thank god). }:(

Couldn't agree more... :crazy:

Well, besides that I would have liked for Switzerland to win

but somehow I got the impression they didn't want to win...

I'd like to congratulate the Portugese on their magnificent display of caution and self-control against Holland...

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It's good to see a record got broken this world cup, but I didn't exactly want it to be 16 yellow cards and 4 red cards in one game. Remember Holland got 2 of those reds as well. I believe three of the reds and 10 of the yellows came in either injury time in the first half or in the first 33 minutes of the second half. I watched the replays of that period and thought "This is stupid".

Couldn't agree more... :crazy:

Well, besides that I would have liked for Switzerland to win

but somehow I got the impression they didn't want to win...

Yep, those three Swiss penalties had to be the worst penalty shots ever. I never thought it was possible for a team to score 0 in a shootout.

:( .... alone in all the world.

That's OK .... I'll have friends in my house today.

... don't need them online, I guess :(

Go Ghana ... indeed.

It's just too simple to go for Brazil!

That's the same as saying "The White album" or "Led Zep IV" when asked for a favourite album :grin: ;)

It's just too simple to go for Brazil!

That's the same as saying "The White album" or "Led Zep IV" when asked for a favourite album :grin: ;)

Yeah, but what if you were buddies with Lennon or Bonham?

I heard something more like: "Ghana, please eliminate these guys before we have to face them"

.... understandable.

I didn't mean that they're bad - far from it.

What I wanted to say was when you ask someone for their favourite albums these two are among the most common answers.

And it's the same when you ask who will win the World Cup. Mostly everybody will say Brazil is gonna win, mainly because they are one of the best teams to play...

You know what I mean?