FIFA World Cup 2006

Farin

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USA and Italy played to a 1-1 draw today despite the Americans having only 9 players on the field most of the second half, after Eddie Pope was the second US player red-carded.

Meanwhile, Ghana shocked the Czech Republic 2-0 earlier today…

With 'the hand of God' in the stadium, the Argentinians are showing just why they may well win it.

Diggs, what are you implying? :shades: :grin:

Well, after all, I must admit I don´t give a bleep about football or soccer or whatever... all I hope is Spain won´t win (that would be strange...) cause each time they win an important match they break everything in town, the nice statues in the main avenue... :stars: So if Argentina wins, they can destroy the city, I won´t care, now I´m some 13.000 kms from them... :grin:

First Ghana beats the Czech Republic with 2:0 :rockon:

which is the first win for an African team at this World Cup

and then the USA held Italy to a 1:1 draw (double :rockon:)

the match wasn't really nice to look at, though dramatic (2 red cards and one yellow-red), but even with 10 vs 9 Italy couldn't score again.

The USA even still have chances to get beyond the group stage...

Today plays

Japan vs Croatia

Brazil vs Australia (Go Socceroos!)

France vs South Korea

Sadly, Australia lost 2:0,

but on the upside they played very good, had several chances for the 1:1 tie.

Additionaly they still have the best chances for the second place in their group, since Japan and Croatia couldn't go beyond a 0:0.

The socceroos played VERY tough! A couple of errant goal shots did them in, however. More understanding of the game brought me more enjoyment in watching today. I sat with someone who spoke excellent English and knew futebol very well and he answered a lot of my questions.

Enjoyed watching the USA play to a tie with the Italians. What they lack in style, they make up in spunk. The USA goalie is solid!

It's good to see everyone agrees that Australia did pretty well against Brazil. At least the scoreline didn't matter - unless Japan beat Brazil 3-0 or more (which is almost certainly going to happen :P ), Australia will qualify if they draw with or beat Croatia, but will not qualify if they lose, regardless of the scoreline.

Every team has now played 2 games, and these teams are already guaranteed to qualify for the finals:

Germany (Glückwünsche!)

Ecuador (Felicitaciones!)

England (Congratulations!)

Argentina (Felicitaciones again!)

Netherlands (Gelukwensen!)

Portugal (Felicitações!)

Brazil (Felicitações again!)

Spain (Felicitaciones yet again!)

I hope my translator is reliable. Fortunately the translation was easy since more than half speak Spanish or Portuguese.

Every team has now played 2 games, and these teams are already guaranteed to qualify for the finals:

Germany (Glückwünsche!)

Ecuador (Felicitaciones!)

England (Congratulations!)

Argentina (Felicitaciones again!)

Netherlands (Gelukwensen!)

Portugal (Felicitações!)

Brazil (Felicitações again!)

Spain (Felicitaciones yet again!)

An tonight we might add:

SWEDEN (Grattis!!!)