FIFA World Cup 2006

Farin

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Mexico's 3-1 win over Iran, it was the first game on broadcast TV (ABC) in the States.

Tomorrow the Yanks play their first game, at 11:55 ET on ESPN 2…

ABC and ESPN promised to broadcast the games if USA made it in.

I have to say Congrtaulations to the Brits ! ! :)

I watched Mexico's 3-1 win over Iran, it was the first game on broadcast TV (ABC) in the States.

Tomorrow the Yanks play their first game, at 11:55 ET on ESPN 2…

They didn't even broadcast the opening match (Germany vs Costa Rica)?

I heard more than 1 billion people world wide wached it...

Serbia & Montenegro are in the Cup (for the last time ever), they lost against the Netherlands 0:1.

Go SOCCEROOS!!! :rockon:

Japan expected a victory, nothing less...

But you had to make it suspencefull. Shooting the goal for tie in minute 84 :stars: and then two goals for victory :thumbsup:

Congrats not only for the first goal in a World Cup, but also for the first victory! :)

Apparently the German public thinks Japan will be the most successful underdogs. Since Australia have Brazil, Japan and Croatia in their pool, that gives us the challenge to prove them wrong. If we can draw 1-1 with Netherlands, we might be able to beat Japan and Croatia. Also, we have beaten Brazil in recent years.

Anyway, GO SOCCEROOS! :) :coolio: :thumbsup: :drummer: :rockon:

I simply couldn't help but quote my previous post to start this post off, after witnessing what was undoubtebly the greatest football match of all time. And I ain't exaggerating.

83 minutes into the game, I was expecting to log in here and complain senselessly about Japan being given the goal when the keeper was clearly obstructed. Now, after goals to Australia in the 84th, 89th and 92nd minutes of the game, I don't feel that I need to complain. We needed to prove the German public wrong, and we did.

Assuming we lose to Brazil, we just need to tie with Croatia, and that should be enough for us to qualify. However I recognise that tying with Croatia may prove to be difficult.

Edited by Guest
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OI OI OI!

Assuming we lose to Brazil

With that additude you're never gonna win. You need more self-confidence... ;) :laughing:

And I feel the need to defend the "german public" (whatever that is...). The fact that most soccer experts (world wide) thought Japan had a little advantage, was simply past experience. You should have seen them (maybe you did) at the World Cup 2002.

But everyone I heard said it's gonna be a close match...

Edited by Guest
Do you really care?

Not a problem , Farin , since I hate soccer -but am forced to watch it ( and numerous , dulling , highlights )-England

will blow it ( as usual ), Germany , if they can keep their cool will do well, and - and Brazil has to be ' dirtied ' in order to win !

serbia and montenegro were my outside shot but they let me down against holland - holland are a strong side though. germany looked good against costa rica but costa rica put up a good fight. i expect a south american team to win - either brazil or argentina. i hope england don't win, not because of the 800 years of oppression, but because we'd never hear the end of it from the arrogant fans! i'm backing poland since we now have over 200,000 polish immigrants so they're the nearest thing to an irish team!

Gisela!!! Arrogance? The English football fan? Surely not...

Actually the average football fan is ok on his/her own, but with a bit of lager and sunshine plus a lot of stereotyping to live up to, it all becomes very sad... I like a drink when watching the beautiful game in the pub, but never remove my shirt, sing simple songs and bait the fuzz...

As for Kevin's assertion that England have had their day, I must disagree. Alright, we are lacking a bit up front right now, but as soon as Shrek (Wayne Rooney) heals we will be rampant... We have an annoying habit of not being able to put so called inferior teams away, plus getting into penalty shootouts mit dem chermans... If we can avoid Herr Klinsman and his team of one man and no defence (sorry Farin), we could go all the way this time. Trouble is, the way the groups are we will almost certainly meet them sooner or later...

If we get to the semis we can beat anybody on our day. A final against Argentina or Brazil would be good.

We'll meet again diggs. At the quarter-finals at the latest, maybe even at the last 16, if you fail to make #1 in your group... ;)

And I always say, that even if we play worse than you, we just have to keep the draw until the penalty shooting :laughing: ;)