Muse

Earth-Angel

Absolutely amazingly cool fantastic band :bow:

If you haven't heard of them by now - where have you been for the last 7 years? Their superhit tracks span across Showbiz, Absolution, Origin of Symmetry and most recently Black Holes & Revelations.

How do describe their sound, well it's like taking a blend of all your favourite rock bands into one brilliant trio. Yes, 3 people create this awesomeness - Matthew Bellamy, Dominic Howard and Chris Wolstenhome.

Really, worth a listen if you like Radiohead, Soundgarden and perhaps even Led Zeppelin! Yes, these guys are that good!

Their latest single, Supermassive Black Hole is punchy and cocky - you need to crank the volume right up for this one!

“Matt Bellamy has put together a collection of simple, poetic, transparent songs that re-engage with the old words and values; honour, courage and righteousness. It’s one long love letter to the Impossible Dream, and it WILL NOT SURRENDER. There’s been no record released yet this century with stakes so high. Musically, it could have been a disaster. But one man’s prog is another man’s progress, and every guitar here sounds like it’s from the future, every flourish and movement scored and orchestrated with the celestial vision. By indulging every pomp rock wet dream he’s ever had, Matt’s found that there’s no such thing as too much distortion, and that, when you care this much, chartbusting tunes really do fall from the sky…..On earth, Muse have made the UK Rock record of the year, but as it is in heaven, they’ve created a scripture; the defining document of a new religion no more complicated than Bellamy’s crystal clear lyrics.†(NME)

showbiz2oc.jpg

Showbiz

1. Sunburn**

2. Muscle Museum**

3. Fillip

4. Falling Down

5. Cave

6. Showbiz**

7. Unintended**

8. Uno

9. Sober

10. Escape

11. Overdue**

12. Hate This & I'll Love You

absolution1ql.jpg

Absolution

1. Intro

2. Apocalypse Please

3. Time Is Running Out**

4. Sing For Absolution**

5. Stockholm Syndrome

6. Falling Away With You

7. Interlude

8. Hysteria**

9. Blackout**

10. Butterflies & Hurricanes**

11. The Small Print

12. Endlessly

13. Thougts Of A Dying Atheist

14. Ruled By Secrecy

oos9wj.jpg

Origin of Symmetry

1. New Born

2. Bliss**

3. Space Dementia

4. Hyper Music**

5. Plug in Baby**

6. Citizen Erased**

7. Micro Cuts**

8. Screenager

9. Dark Shines

10. Feeling Good**

11. Megalomania**

True - but how globally well known are Muse? ;)

It would be strange to see someone posting about Led Zepplin, or The Beatles though. We could then start deleting a lot of threads here like Franz Ferdinand, Gnarls Barkley, Jeff Buckley, Better than Ezra, Skunk Anansie etc. Known to some, not to all, remember :)

I can move it to Music Discussion instead to avoid any confusion.

True - but how globally well known are Muse? ;)

It would be strange to see someone posting about Led Zepplin, or The Beatles though. We could then start deleting a lot of threads here like Franz Ferdinand, Gnarls Barkley, Jeff Buckley, Better than Ezra, Skunk Anansie etc. Known to some, not to all, remember :)

I can move it to Music Discussion instead to avoid any confusion.

No, I was just teasing (notice the ' ;) ')

I know, of course, that Muse isn't as known as they probably deserve to be....

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...